We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

I've been to vegas many times both by myself and with others. As a bit of a foodie, vegas is one of my favorite places to visit...too many choices not enough time! I have an upcomming solo trip and although I have no problem eating alone, some places are better than others for solo diners. I usually look for a place that has a bar where you can eat rather than sitting at a table alone. Looking for somewhere other solo diners might be also. In other words, I don't want to go to a restaurant with a bar but no one else is eating at it.

So.. I figured I would ask the crowd - what's your favorite place to eat alone in vegas? The food must be outstanding too :)

Edited: 12 August 2014, 19:54
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,518 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

What kind of places have you enjoyed on your previous visits? It's sometimes easier to point in a similar direction versus giving random recommendations that might not fit.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

I don't go anywhere romantic, or to any top fine dining restaurant when alone, because these are meant to be shared. And it is a better experience when they are.

Top of my list would be lunch at Country Club Grill. You could either dine at the bar or a table in the bar area.

Big Al's Oyster Bar, if you can get a seat at the counter.

Ping Pang Pong. No bar but you can sit at a small table. The atmosphere is casual, so you won't feel out of place.

Just because I didn't recommend strip restaurants by famous chefs, don't think I ignored your calling yourself a foodie. The food is that good at these choices.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

My favorite restaurants in town are: RM Seafood, Craftsteak, Picasso, & Raos. Of those Raos is the only one that I have gone to and ate by myself and would do it again.

I'm open to any suggestions. Staying at the Wynn if that helps. If anyone can reccomend a wynn/encore restaurant that would be fantastic too.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

I enjoyed eating solo at B&B Ristorante, either bar or table, at Venetian. Food is great, bartending staff is usually very personable, it's buzzy, and lots of singles do eat at the bar. Plus they have my favorite spicy cheese straws upon which to nosh with a nice Italian wine. Ditto for Carnevino for that matter. Another place I enjoyed for bar dining on small plates was Fleur at Mandalay Bay. For a Burger, Burger Bar is my choice.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

I love a big fancy breakfast and don't mind dining alone. I would suggest Tableau or Bouchon next door at the Venetian if you are in the mood for breakfast/brunch. Mornings are often more informal with some solo diners, people reading the newspaper at their table, etc. so I don't think you would feel out of place alone.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

Gallaghers at NYNY has a bar to dine. Loved the food!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

I go solo more often than not and I don't let that stop me from eating anywhere I want. Romantic or not. Some days I like to sit at the bar and chat with the bartenders, some times I prefer a table and the solitude. I've done high end and casual, makes no difference to me. One of my favorites was the bar at BLT at Bally's. Great food, exceptional service and a very good time. Leisurely pace too. CraftSteak and Colicchio's Heritage were good as well. CUT had excellent food, but so-so service at the bar. Dal Toro was the opposite; excellent service, OK food.

Tableau at Wynn was exceptional in both food and service. Had a lovely table overlooking the pools, insanely good service and incredible food.

The only place I've received poor service while solo was at Grand Lux in Palazzo. First time I wrote it off, second time I was peeved and haven't been back.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,550 posts
953 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

Wife had dinner meetings, so I was solo for a bit.

Really enjoyed Aquaknox: http://www.aquaknox.net/

Enjoy,

Hunt

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

The only think I can add other than agreeing with most on here is to try the bar at Giada's. I believe you can also eat at the bar at Scarpetta.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Foodie - Solo Trip - Suggestions Please

For me- Comme Ca, Sushisamba, Sirio, Julian Serrano, and Mesa Grill would all be good options. I have found the food to ne good and the bartenders to be very friendly and if the other diners aren't open to conversation at least you have the bartender to speak to. :)