We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers in Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
First timers in Vegas

Hi! We are planning a trip to Las Vegas on Oct 25-28. My senior parents, hubby and 2 daughters aged 6 and 3 are going with us. We are all first timers. Any suggestions on where to go that everyone even the kids would enjoy? Places to eat that is affordable? Thanks so much.

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers in Vegas

This is a widely asked question but in order to answer your dates are needed and most important is your budget

I can easily say get a connecting suite but you may be on a budget so than I would say get connecting rooms @ excaliber or maybe to Mandalay bay if pool is important

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers in Vegas

The kids would love Circus Circus, there is a mezzanine floor with loads of games and arcades, right up their street. Also the secret Garden at the Mirage if they like Dolphins and other animals, then maybe the Aquarium at Mandalay Bay if they like that sort of thing.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers in Vegas

My husband and I went for the first time in July. We didn't take the kids but we have two the same age as yours. If we were to one day take the kids we would definitely take them to

Mirage secret garden, Caesars palace forum shopss- fall of Atlantis show, the shops inside the Venetian with the canal and gondola rides are great to see.

We did the Grand Canyon helicopter tour and if we went with the kids I know my 6 year old would love it. Fremont street is great but I would do it during the week when it is quieter and not stay out to late, just enough for it to get dark and see the light show. The high roller at Linq would be good to.

Enjoy your trip :-)

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers in Vegas

Cathy,the kids would defineately have fun at Circus Circus,but I would not stay there only because they are a long way from the main body of the strip. And a helicopter ride is great but very expensive. Im not sure the kids would appreciate a ride over the canyon at that age. The kids would like Excalibur because of the castle look of it and possibly Luxor because of the pyramid shape. They would really like Tournament of Kings at Excalibur. The Popovich Pet Comedy show would be great for them also. Bellagio fountains would interest them also. Gondola ride at Venetian,but a bit pricey. If you can get a discount somewhere,a ride up the Eiffel Tower would be fun for them. Excalibur has a great food court also and is connected to Luxor by a walkway. The RainForest Café at MGM is great for kids and not too pricey. have fun

5. Re: First timers in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:17