We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help or Advice Wanted re Las Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help or Advice Wanted re Las Vegas

Hi all, I've been an avid reader of trip advisor, but until now not travelled overseas. I live in Sydney, Australia and travelling to Hawaii (7 day Island Cruise), then to Las Vegas for 5 nights and then back to Honolulu for 7 nights.

My question is do I book tours such as Grand Canyon prior to leaving Australia or do I book them when I arrive in Las Vegas. Does anyone know if there is a price difference between booking from here (Australia) or booking when I arrive In Las Vegas.

Any other information would be appreciated regarding sights to see in either place.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,786 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help or Advice Wanted re Las Vegas

Welcome to the TA Las Vegas forum:)

1. I suggest you look at booking major tours, such as Grand Canyon, prior to departure- you will find a plethora of advice regarding the relative merits of South Rim and West Rim- I'll leave it to you to research that!

2. I would look at www.lasvegas.com to see if any shows appeal to you- particularly visiting headliners

3. I suggest you could spend a couple of days just exploring the Strip and Downtown!

4. There are many attractions, ranging from Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, through several museums, and on to world class restaurants and shows. Then, there's the pool season - I see you are staying at MGM Grand, which has great pool areas

5. For a general overview, I would look at www.visitlasvegas.com, as well as the TA reviews

Bon voyage:)

Edited: 18 August 2014, 07:57
Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,786 posts
1,330 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help or Advice Wanted re Las Vegas

Another good website is www.lasvegasnevada.gov

Bon voyage:)

3. Re: Help or Advice Wanted re Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:17