We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aria hotel

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
68 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Aria hotel

Please be careful with the Aria hotel!! It is a not cheap hotel and i had a lot of troubles with the internet by the way.. I didnt have internet, the signal was so weak at my room, i called asking for help and they said that they didnt have to much to do.

I dont know how other Vegas hotels work but in this if you take something from the frigobar to see what it is and you have the item more than 60 seconds you will be charged with it!!!!

If you use the frigo to put a bottle of water or anything that you bring from outside you will be charged with 25 doll/day!

Most of the hotels in Vegas have a great view, well, my room in the Aria was in a corner so the window was very little and dirty! So the view was poor.

I recive the room with trash and with a lot of dust.

The day of my arrive when i had the troubles with the internet and the dirtiness i wrote an email that was on agust 13, until now i havent recive any response.

I wont recomend Aria at all.

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aria hotel

Rosita I'm confused

A hotel such as aria or any hotel in Las Vegas will let you change to another room if you are having problems as you described

If your Internet is having trouble the aria will waive your resort fee did you ask for a refund?

I'm not saying I don't believe you but my one stay in the aria was first class and I'm the type of person that will call housekeeping immediately if my room was left dirty than after that I would walk down to checkin and more times than not because I'm not satisfied with my room they would upgrade me!

If you you say is true aria would upgrade you to a better room trust me I've seen it

Hope you write management and ask for a refund

This is a customer driven buisness

Edited: 18 August 2014, 13:22
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
42,570 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aria hotel

We were just at the Aria, and had a "Corner Suite." The room was very clean, and spacious. OK, the "view" was not the ultimate, but then we were not expecting the penthouse.

Wife had zero issues with the Wi-Fi, but I cannot comment on connection speeds, etc.. It just always worked fine for her.

Based on our one stay, we would definitely return - matter of fact, wife will be at the Aria for a meeting next month.

Sorry that you had issues.

Hunt

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aria hotel

In all hotels here in the USA IF you touch things in the mini bar they will charge you for using them. Don't touch unless you plan to eat/drink the item.

The mini bar is not a fridge for you to use. If you want a fridge there are some hotels that have them in the room but if you see a mini bar in the room do not use that as a fridge!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aria hotel

We've never experienced anything like what you have when we've stayed at Aria.

As with any hotel, if you don't like your room ask to be moved whilst you're there. Don't complain to the internet community afterwards, because there's no one can help you.

Yeah, start picking up stuff from the fridge and you will be charged for it.....just as it states in the room information book.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aria hotel

I LOVE the Aria!!! never had a problem there. Yes I knew that if you lift the product from the mini fridge that you would get charged they did explain this to me at check in .

atlanta
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aria hotel

I've only stayed there once, in the sky suites. I've got nothing but good things to say about the place. Going back for Halloween weekend.

Menifee CA
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aria hotel

I'm sorry your experience with Aria was what you perceive as poor. Why didn't you make your complaints known? Aria's customer service is excellent and they would have done everything to insure your satisfaction.

As to the charges for the mini bar, there are signs all over the bar that state if you touch them or otherwise move anything around, you will be charged. They also let you know that when you check in at the front desk. Maybe it's a case of misunderstanding? Once again, if you had let them know, they would have done everything to make it right.

pebble beach
Level Contributor
235 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aria hotel

Possibly Uruguay does not have the mini frig rules maybe someone should have educated you before you touched. Aria has good customer service i cannot imagine why they would not inform you of the charges that you could incur if you touch the mini frig.You are helping Aria if you let them know of any problem i am sure they want to know about a dirty room!!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aria hotel

We were there last month & LOVED it. No wifi issues, very clean, huge window. Minibar issue is same all over...

Could u get a room that nice in Uruguay for the same price point?

Edited: 19 August 2014, 01:21
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aria hotel

Did they not warn you at the front desk about the minibar/fridge? It's pretty standard at every hotel with a minibar that they warn you about the sensors when you pick up an item or move things to accommodate your own stuff. I often have difficulty with hotel wifi. It's frustrating but I'm used to it at most large hotels.