We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about funds

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question about funds

So I am going to Vegas with my partner in september, We're going for 10 days and budgeting around $150 each per day. I enjoy my low roll gambling and we both enjoy our food and drink.

Is this enough or have we seriously under-budgeted?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about funds

it is on the low-side but can be done so long as you're not expecting to eat at posh steakhouses and spend all day gambling.

My first trip was six nights with $200 per day budgetted but I accidentally left a chunk of it in Dublin and lost a bit of what was left chasing the money I'd left behind. Long story short I survived out there but have always tried to have $300 a day since.

You'll have cheap days in which you won't touch much of that money at all and I'm sure you'll have a couple of blow-outs.

At the end of the day if that is all you've got then it is all you've got. You can make it work, especially with some searching around on here for bargains.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about funds

In my personal opinion, that might be on the fringe of pushing it unless you eat on the cheap and really are a very low roller. It certainly is doable but if you really enjoy your food and like nice meals out you are going to need more.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about funds

I think it's a bit on the low side but doable (just) as long as you eat cheaply which might not fit with someone who enjoys their food and drink.

louiechoo
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about funds

I have budgeted about $250 dollars per day but if you do a bit of leg work before you go I would hope that ok . If you like me subway will do for lunch and look up the happy hours 2 for 1 deals etc ! I'm going on advice from feiend who have been before and you should get by

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,454 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about funds

I always plan on $150 per day. I pay for my shows and tours ahead of time and bring any extra money for high-end meals I plan on having. In that way $150 is enough for me as I only play slots occasionally. have fun

Tilburg, The...
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about funds

My wife and I also budget 150 a day each or 300 for the two of us. Works just fine for us low-rollers!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about funds

Most of our trips come in well less than $150 per day each. And it is not unusual for us to spend $100 each on a dinner or show.

But of course it depends on what you do. We don't buy a lot of $15 drinks in bars. Those can add up fast. And we also have the advantage of knowing where to dine and gamble at prices more reasonable than those on the Strip.

We can literally do everything we want, without using coupons or running around looking for happy hours , for less than that. And most importantly have a great time. And with a little research, and some good choices so can you.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 15:49
Michigan
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about funds

"Is this enough or have we seriously under-budgeted?"

Only you can answer that question for me and my wife that would be no where near enough per day.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about funds

I recommend that you read Trip Reports. If you ask questions here we will try and respond, including some recommendations on value.

But if you ask a question we will tell you how to spend YOUR money. If you read Trip Reports you will see how we spend OUR money.

10. Re: Question about funds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:17