We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prime Bellagio

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Prime Bellagio

Hello, I have a couple questions in regards to Prime at the Bellagio that hopefully y'all can help answer....

Would like to make reservations on the patio to watch the fountains while having dinner.

Has anyone ever done this? Do you simply request it on your Open Table reservation request? I realize its not guaranteed but would at least like to try.

My plan is to have a couple cocktails at Hyde before going to Prime, I was thinking to make my reservation for 630 or 7pm thinking I could give the first table at 5 time to eat, any suggestions about timetable, does this sound about right to get the second seating?

As always, thanks for all your help.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prime Bellagio

I ate at Prime in December and I actually proposed to my now fiance there. I called them direct when I booked and even though the patio was closed in December I asked for a table right next to the windows. I made our reservation at 5 right when they opened to make sure we got the table. What they do is they block off the stairs until exactly 5 then it is basically a free for all down the stairs and then they seat you. We got there about 10 minutes early and there were only 3 couples that were there for a 5pm reservation. I would give them a call for your reservations to speak to them direct as opposed to doing it online. Then the day of I would call them in the morning to confirm your reservation. From my experience, the only way to guarantee a patio table and a table right next to the railing with the best view would be to make reservations right at 5 and when they let you down the stairs have someone bolt down and try to be one of the first to be seated and you get your pick of the litter. Oh and their food was incredible. Be prepared to spend some cash.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prime Bellagio

We make our reservations directly with Prime. We always ask for a window seat, as the patio is very, extremely limited, the patio was not available too us (july) not sure if I would want to be out there during mid-day in july, although we married at the Bellagio and had full use of the beautiful balcony you over-look, in the Monet banquet/convention room, in july, people didn't stay out there very long, it was too hot.

Sorry for going on and on, but we just love Prime! Most of all the food is delish! the service and ambiance, was outstanding.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prime Bellagio

Here's what to do:

1- Use Prime's reservation system. Make your reservation either before 6:00pm or after 8:00pm and in the comment section, ask for a patio table.

2- About a week prior to your arrival, write an email to Prime's General Manager (Ryan Rowland at rrowland@bellagioresort.com) asking him his assistance. In the email, mention your reservation number and tell why you would like to secure a patio table (romantic, first time away from the kids, whatever the reason you chose).

3- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your reservation. At the reception, ask whether Mr. Rowland is present. If he is, introduce yourself, remind him of the email you sent the week before. If he says everyhting is taken care of, thank him with a handshake and provide him with an enveloppe with a little thank you in it that you will have prepared prior to arriving.

If Mr Rowland is not present or says he cannot ensure a patio table not all is lost! Underline to the person welcoming you that you know your arrive earlier than your reservation time, that you will gladly sit at the bar and have a drink, and that you're OK with being seated earlier or a tad later than your reservation time if you can get a table on the patio. If the answer is negative and Mr. Rowland is not present, say something like "That's unfortunate. I though the email exchange with Mr. Rowland would have helped us". This should do it.

4- Once you're at the table on the patio, thank the person accompanying you at the table, shake his/her hand and give him/her a little something for what you got.

OP, KS
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prime Bellagio

If you want to ensure an outdoor table, I would show up when they open at 5:30. We have eaten at Prime and Picasso, which share the same stairs for the last three years and there is nothing like sitting on the patio watching the fountains and having some good food.

We only have three years experience to draw from, but we have never seen people bolting down the stairs to be first.

As a side note, smoking is allowed on the patios while dining.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prime Bellagio

oh gawd who the hell wants to smell another's smoke while dining? eeerrr gag! This coming from a former smoker, quit nearly 19 years ago.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prime Bellagio

Thank you all so much for your reply's. Cody/MsNVegas/Pacifici, I definitely see a trend with all of your responses, get there first thing :) We are going in November so fortunately I do not believe the temperature will be an issue. Pacifici, thanks so much for that extremely detailed response, I printed it out for use!! As for as smoking outside on the patio, I'd be pretty pissed if such a thing happened while I was trying to have dinner.

7. Re: Prime Bellagio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:17