We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picasso Opening Times

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Picasso Opening Times

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me. We have booked a table for Picassos on a saturday night through opentable and have a reservation at 9pm. After doing this though I have noticed that everywhere online mentioned that the restaraunt is only open until 9.30. Is this correct? We wanted to enjoy our dinner over a few hours so if it does close at 9.30 (which seems really early) then we will have to change our times.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is a silly question).

Thank you

Helen

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picasso Opening Times

It does not normally close that early. But that may be it's last seating. You can expect dinner hear to last a leisurely 2 hours.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picasso Opening Times

It's likely 930 is the last seating time rather than the time they turn out the lights and show you the door.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picasso Opening Times

I did wonder that but because it said opening times I was a but confused (doesn't take much to be fair) :)

And 2 to 3 hours is what we were hoping for as we like to take our time to enjoy a nice meal. Am excited to try the food there after reading all the reviews

Edited: 24 August 2014, 20:34
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picasso Opening Times

We've had the tasting menu there and were very pleased. Excellent traditional French cuisine.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picasso Opening Times

<<And 2 to 3 hours is what we were hoping for as we like to take our time to enjoy a nice meal.>>

Our last visit was for a small board meeting. While we started at about 8:00PM (20:00), we were not finished before about 11:30PM, and we never rushed in any way - however, we WERE doing a great deal of nice wine, but they seemed happy to have us, until we were all finished.

Enjoy,

Hunt

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picasso Opening Times

Hi Hunt

Thanks for your reply, I always love reading your posts about restaurants etc. We too will be enjoying a fair amount of wine I imagine so fingers crossed they won't mind if we are there until a similar time. We are also hoping to visit Aureole (another chance to enjoy lots of wine I hope ha ha) :)

Thank you

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Aureole
Aureole
966 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Picasso Opening Times

Helen,

<<We are also hoping to visit Aureole>>

First, thanks for the kind words.

We visited Aureole, but it was very shortly after Chef Palmer opened it. The seating was a bit on the sparse side, with the tables set very close together - too close in our mind, but that might have been changed. The wine storage and retrieval, by the "wine angels" was interesting, as was the wine list being on an iPad, or similar. However, while the food was OK, as was the service (when the servers at the next tables were not "clearing" ours of wine glasses with their fannies), but on the whole, we felt that it lacked any real substance. Now, please remember that this was quite sometime ago, and much could have changed. We have also had the pleasure to dine at others of Chef Palmer's restaurants (Dry Creek Kitchen, Sonoma, CA in particular), where we were more impressed, so feel that he has probably done a rework, or two with Aureole.

Enjoy, and please post a TR on the meal.

Hunt

Mentioned in this post
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
Aureole
Aureole
966 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Dry Creek Kitchen
Dry Creek Kitchen
828 Reviews
Healdsburg, CA
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Picasso Opening Times

Yes I have read mixed reviews about the food etc there. We may just go to enjoy a bottle of a more unusual wine to begin with and see what the food looks like which is served to other tables ha ha. I will definitely do a trip report when I get back though (or may even try doing a live one) especially as I have enjoyed everyone else's so much and got lots of useful info :)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Picasso Opening Times

PLEASE write a Trip Report after your trip. Of course posting while in Las Vegas is appreciated, but many can not come here on a daily basis to read serial posts.

Many more will read, and benefit, from your Report if you post it all at once.

Mentioned in this post
Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Picasso Opening Times

Oh ok. Will try and make notes of what we do daily so I remember (we are there for 2 weeks) and do a report on my return :)