We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nobu vs Delano

11 posts
Save Topic
Nobu vs Delano

Hi all

Enjoy reading the various trip reports and looking for some advice.

Heading to Vegas to celebrate my 40th in January . Heading out with 3friends (family trip was cancelled but that us a whole separate long story) . We have narrowed down to a deluxe queen at Nobu or The Delano. We have stayed at MGM, Luxor, Venetian on previous trips for Stag/Batchelor party so want to try somewhere different. We want somewhere reasonably nice to sleep but will otherwise be eating/drinking /gambling . General plan is to chill during day, nice dinner (enjoyed Delmonico on last trip) bar/club( easiest for us is to get a bottle and a table) and then gamble.

Grateful for any wisdom to help make a choice.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nobu vs Delano

This is like comparing a small studio apartment to a full sized 1 BR. Nobu is a standard hotel room, and actually smaller than most :Las Vegas hotel rooms. Delano's "standard room" is a real suite, with separate living room and 1 and 1/2 baths. No real way to compare.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nobu vs Delano

Delano with out a doubt. The rooms at Nobu are tiny. The reason being Caesars took their oldest and dumpiest tower (Centurion) and did a refresh on it. The base rooms have no tubs only a shower and pretty much no view, unless you consider looking at a white wall, AC units, etc. a view. While Delano, to me at least looks a little sterile, the rooms are new which is nice. You do get 1 and 1/2 bath's and an apartment like layout with a separate living room. The bathroom is large and comes with a nice tub, glass shower, and plenty of counter space. The only downsides to Delano are the horrible pillows which I have heard feel like rocks. However, you can request soft ones be sent up, and the armoire which was designed incorrectly. You will see what I mean when you try to hang anything in it. Still, despite Delano's teething problems, it will be a far superior choice than Nobu.

11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nobu vs Delano

Thanks. Did not realise that the Nobu room was so small. I had noted on TA that few people reccomend Caesers and most have liked Mandalay Bay .

Any advice on good restaurants and bars to visit/ book

Bw

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nobu vs Delano

The people that recommend Caesars usually do so as they have stayed in the Palace, Augustus, or Octavius Towers. The ones that stay in Roman or Forum aren't as pleased, and this is where you will find the complaints. Keep in mind Caesars has a nice lobby, common areas, pools, and of course the Forum Shops. It also is a great center Strip location and the name has cachet. It really depends on what type of trip you are looking for.

I'm not a big club person so I'll leave that to the experts there. My favorite bars would be Mix Lounge at Delano, Mandarin Bar at Mandarin Oriental, Parasol Up/Down at Wynn, and Whiskey Down at MGM. I also think Minus 5 (at Monte Carlo at one at Mandalay Bay is very cool, literally and figuratively. On my next trip I plan on checking out Cleopatra's Barge at Caesars.

5. Re: Nobu vs Delano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:17