We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

texas
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

Has anyone been to both? I’m trying to decide which one to use My Vegas bogo on. Reviews are about the same and the both offer unlimited beer and wine. I'm staying at Monte Carlo so I know MB is closer however I'm willing to go to Mirage if the buffet is better.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

We absolutely hated the Mirage buffet and the Mandalay Bay buffet was decent when ate there. The one that we love is the Bellagio buffet, but again this is only our opinion and I am sure some will disagree.

Enjoy.

texas
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

Thanks. I did purchase the Bellagio lunch buffet but I have a few more LP's to spend and trying to decide between the two.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

I believe the MB buffet , now requires a nights' stay, so be sure to check that out first. Also, I think MB is only sun-thurs.... and Mirage is good any day. I'm not positive, just check that out before you redeem the reward.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 17:17
texas
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

Thanks but we're only staying Mon-Fri so that isnt a problem. People keep saying that the MB buffet requires a one night stay but I don't see that under the terms and conditions.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

It is on the one that is 11,500 LP. the lunch buffet, but it doesn't stipulate it on the 2 for 1 deal. Just be aware ,, that's all !

Canada
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

I tried Cravings (Mirage) for the first time last month courtesy of myVegas. I went for dinner around 6pm...luke warm/cold food, stale desserts, not very good in my opinion although for some, the unlimited beer and wine probably makes up for the food. I've never been to MB's buffet but the Bellagio's was very good. Enjoy!

texas
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

Thanks guys. I went ahead and purchased the 2 for 1 at MB. I did see the stipulation on the free buffet but not on the 2 for 1 so we'll see if I can use it or not.

St Helens, Great...
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

Weird just finished watching a video on top-buffets.com saying how good mirage buffet was in her opinion much better than bellagio, which she said has started to cut corners. Interested in people's opinion was going to try it when we go in November, but with so many want to get best bang for buck.

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

Mirage buffet has returned to its once glory , I aye there during July 4th weekend and I was very impressed

BTW- Jules @ topdashbuffet.com is a expert in vegas buffets and I've never known her to steer me wrong

She is one of the only people to try every buffet and she constantly updates them

Wynn buffet in 2012 was a lot better quality than 2013 and she goes enough to know this

She IMO is the #1 expert in buffets

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mirage or Mandalay Bay buffet

Again that is just someone's personal opinion and I don't care what she says we wouldn't go back to the Mirage buffet if they paid us. We really were not impressed with it at all and, in fact, were very disappointed. But again that is our opinion.