We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon trips

Swindon, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Canyon trips

Hi

Vegas for the first time in November and really want to go on a Grand canyon helicopter trip....any advice/recommendations?

Thanks!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon trips

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k757516…

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,590 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon trips

"Vegas for the first time in November and really want to go on a Grand canyon helicopter trip....any advice/recommendations?"

My advice wont be don't do it - helicopters from Las Vegas only go to the so called GC West Rim which is a for profit enterprise outside the GC National Park which is a 5 hour drive from Las Vegas.

The GCNP is what you would recognise from film/tv and the majority view is that GC West is inferior and something of a tourist trap.

The GCNP is best experienced with a rental car and overnight stop although there are coach or plane tours from Las Vegas.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon trips

I did this tour and it was excellent: maverickhelicopter.com/tour-grand-canyon-exp…

Same tour as above but with a helicopter ride: maverickhelicopter.com/tour-grand-canyon-dre…

ireland
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon trips

I did a helicopter tour with Papillon it was very good but as already explained it only goes to the wesy rim.

Last year I took this trip www.grandcanyontourcompany.com/airsouth.html it wae excellent

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,661 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon trips

Read the Top Questions on the right side of this page. Realize that helicopters that depart Las Vegas do not fly all the way to the Grand Canyon. Do you want to see the Grand Canyon, or do you want a ride in a helicopter?

louiechoo
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Canyon trips

After going on the advice from many on here I've opted for a bus tour to the south rim of the canyon . Booked it through www.grandcanyontours.com

It's a full days trip but good reports and great value , stops at Hoover dam too

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,661 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Canyon trips

Good decision

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Canyon trips

Maverick and Papillion are two highly rated companies. As mentioned most helicopter tours go to the West Rim though, they don't actually hit the Grand Canyon National Park. We did the Maverick day tour via plane to GCNP and really liked the service/company so wouldn't see any reason why their helicopter tours wouldn't be any different.

9. Re: Grand Canyon trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:16