We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vegas in january

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Topic
vegas in january

me and my wife 9from the uk) are thinking about going back to vegas at the end of jauary 2015 (we have been before in june this year) but would like to know what its like with the weather and if it is still busy, do the main shows carry on through the winter months (cirque du soleil, m j live, david copperfield ect...) any help or advice would be great, thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vegas in january

http://www.accuweather.com will let you see what the temps were like a year ago . Keep in mind it probably wont be the same but at least you an get a feel of what it was like.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,939 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vegas in january

It's cold in January. This means no pools and no comfortable outdoor dining (emphasis on comfortable) and less walking around. For many people the weather in Las Vegas is better than they have at home, but that still doesn't make it nice.

All of the shows will probably be running during your dates. Most of them take some time off in December.

We don't go often in Winter, as it is a very different trip, with more indoor activity than time outdoors.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,571 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vegas in january

It's cold (no pool weather) but not terrible. It's quieter than the spring/fall, but the shows are still running. Check weather.com for the average temperature figures.

The weekend of February 1 is the Super Bowl, so it will be very busy that weekend.

Of course, if you can wait until May the weather will be much better, but if not, any time in Las Vegas is better than not going at all!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: vegas in january

" February 1 is the Super Bowl weekend" that sounds fun. to be honest we dont mind if its not hot as long as its not ice cold throughout the day (uk weather in january is around 7 c, 45 f) , were not the type to sit by a pool all day as we enjoy the shows, dinner, the sights and activities. thanks for the quick response

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vegas in january

We go every January, usually the 3rd or last week. Temps are in the 60s during the day. We'll take that over the snow and freezing temperatures anytime. Shows are up and running and we've always had a blast going out that time of year.

Eastern Mass
Level Contributor
873 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vegas in january

We go Super Bowl wknd every year(which was late January when we started) - I think this is our 16th coming up. The weather has been generally 40s-50s at night and 60(F) during the day, although we have seen 70+ almost every trip. We have been able to eat at Mon Ami Gabi outside during that time quite comfortably as well as enjoy the carnival court.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vegas in january

Last January I was there and the temps were in the 60's to mid 60's all 3 days. Very comfortable with shorts and a T-shirt for the day, and jeans/jacket at night. Though, I'm sure that it could be much cooler than that on a more normal basis.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: vegas in january

I went in January last year, it was a bit colder than I like, and not as busy as I like it, but it's still Vegas and was still fun. And if you are there superbowl weekend would be super busy.

London
Level Contributor
758 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vegas in january

Hi, I have been at the very beginning of Feb and found the weather to be fine. Much nicer that wet Wales. Was able to sit outside under the patio heaters and it was comfortable. All shows are running. I have just booked to go again on Feb 2nd. Its different to the summer months and I am able to get out and about a lot more instead of lounging by the pool!

Jo

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vegas in january

it is cold in Jan. but then we are from Minnesota s going to Vegas in Jan. just to have more cold weather is not my idea of a good vacation