We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
598 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Going in Oct. Already have LOVE and Carrot Top booked (seeing LOVE for a 2nd time because we loved it so much).

Trying to pick a 3rd show--narrowed it to MJ ONE and Absinthe. Obviously, 2 completely different experiences. I'm guessing since we enjoyed LOVE so much that ONE would be up our alley (we both like MJ), however, we can't escape all the talk about Absinthe, so now we're interested in going.

My only concern about Absinthe is that I've read that the main performers aren't always the ones you see (i.e. Penny isn't in every show), and also, I'm 5'2" (barely), so unless we're fairly close, I'm worried about missing some of the action.

MJ One tix are fairly pricey, which is holding us back, especially since I'm guessing it's pretty similar to LOVE. I can get 4th or 5th row for Absinthe for much less...

Any help is welcome! Anyone seen both recently that can shed light, or help me make up my $&*#$ mind?!?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

I've seen the MJ show but not Absinthe. That being said, unless you can afford close tickets to the MJ show, I'd suggest going to Absinthe. We sat in the back for MJ and thought it was over-rated. Not like Love at all. It was more focused on special effects then it was on the performance, in our opinion. We probably would have had a better opinion of the show, had we sat closer, but since it was a cirque show, we expected things to be happening all around, so we thought the seats in the back would be better. The theatre is not like Love or even Mystere. It's almost like a movie theatre where there is only seating in front of the stage. The music was fine, but the performance left something to be desired.

I have seen Absinthe on the YouTube videos and thought it was pretty good and am considering going next time in Vegas.

Boston
Level Contributor
598 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Thanks!

We would probably be sitting about 5-10 rows from the back of the theater for MJ, since those tix were more reasonably priced. I would love to see it, but Absinthe seems to be a can't-miss for most people.

We're fine with either show (love MJ music, but also love raunchy humor), so I don't think we can go wrong with either--problem is we just can't decide to pull the trigger on one or the other...

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

I have seen both and if I was to suggest one it would be Absinthe

Boston
Level Contributor
598 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Thank you!

Weston, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

I've seen both and was towards the back for MJ. I loved them both and thought that being further back was a plus for MJ as there is lots that is overhead. Only you can pick which one but they are both great options.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

I have not seen Absinthe, but have seen both LOVE and MJ ONE. Have seen LOVE twice, and it is easily my favorite CDS show. Went to see MJ ONE thinking that it would become my new favorite, but was somewhat disappointed. Overall, the show was OK, but there were only 2 or 3 scenes that were really good, IMO. Based on that, I would choose Absinthe over MJ ONE.

Boston
Level Contributor
598 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Thanks, everyone--I really appreciate your input!

I think we are going to go with Absinthe!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
813 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Absinthe was the only show we saw ... I don't know how people tape it or even take pictures. If we were not laughing hysterically we were drop jawed at the acts. You should be able to see everywhere if you are on the front rows you may get picked on but that could also be anywhere else. He didn't seem to pick on guests in back at elevated tables. As they say there is truly no bad seat in the house it is quite cozy. Be ready for a totally wild ride.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Just got back and can strongly agree with Traci. Absolutely fantastic performers. Wouldn't care if Penny was there or not. The show is the performers. have fun

Boston
Level Contributor
598 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indecisvie About Shows-Pay for MJ ONE or check out Absinthe?

Just got our Absinthe tix! Can't wait! Thank you all for taking the time to help out!