We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To the newbies and time share!

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Topic
To the newbies and time share!

Please try not to get suckered in! My cousin and her husband who are 41 & 42, had never been to Vegas, yes that's right had never been to Vegas, until the past couple of days. They stayed at Harrah's, I told them about the Volcano, The Atlantis Cheesy show at Caesars and the beautiful Bellagio fountains.

Anyway she text to tell me, they went on a tour and also received $125! for free! I thought, hell you two have never been to Vegas, in your entire lives! my free play is anywhere from $75-$200 Free Play, they go to Vegas for the first time ever in their lives, and they get $125! I said did Harrah's give you $125? she said it was the tour, I said what kind of tour, she said a "Time Share" lmaoooo! I said too her, OMG! I forgot to give the lowdown on the time share vultures, she said we've never done, anything like that before and it was soooo boring, but she said the $125 was worth it! really! not me, never! oh yeah, she said she loved the "Wheel" thinking she meant the "high roller wheel" she sent me a text soon after of a slot machine with a big wheel...lol!

She will give me her feedback when they get back home, they rode their Harley from Indiana all the way to Las Vegas, they were thinking of the grand canyon, not sure if that plan happened or not.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To the newbies and time share!

So how much did they pay for the time share?

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: To the newbies and time share!

john! not sure if I should lol, as in smartazz! lol, anyway it was a free tour, of course they didn't take it, but they still got $125! hey maybe it's not such a bad idea for some people.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,850 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To the newbies and time share!

Sounds like they were happy with the result. Good for them, then.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To the newbies and time share!

OH LOL they have more willpower to say no than I did, but that was not in Vegas was a Blue Green thing here in Dallas but I later cancelled

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To the newbies and time share!

A number of years ago we had some time to kill so tried the time-share thing. Three hours of our time,but well worth it. Two tickets to Blue Man,two buffets and 50% off a piece of jewelery at some store in the Monte Carlo. No complaints. We've been to Vegas many times so the few hours wasn't a big deal for us.

6. Re: To the newbies and time share!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 06:15