We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One last question...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One last question...

Just a quick question about carry on luggage. I know liquids are not allowed so that will be checked in. From I read we can take food aboard but just need to make sure. Anyone have experience with taking snacks on board for carry on.

Asking bc mom is a diabetic and since flight is 5 hrs or so long I rather bring some of those 100 calorie snack packs for her to have just in case. I know a snack is provided on the flight (according to my reservation) but I rather have something in case she starts feeling funny without having to wait for a stewardess.

Thinking it will be ok but just want thoughts from those who have brought stuff on the plan with them in terms of snacks.

Thanks in advance.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One last question...

A friend of ours just flew back to Hawaii from Boston last week and the airline (American) confiscated his snacks before he got on the plane, even though he too is a diabetic and had a note from his doctor. They told him they would provide him with extra snacks and juice on the plane since he is diabetic, but that no outside food was allowed.

We're flying Delta this weekend and I don't see anything on their website that says you cannot bring food on. I like to pack some fruit and granola bars for the 5 hour flight, but think I will do without this time, just in case.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One last question...

We just returned Monday from Vegas. My Mom is also a diabetic and had to carry on snacks. We didn't have any problem.

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One last question...

Hi,

I'm travelling to Vegas in 3 weeks time from Manchester, England. I too am a diabetic and will be hoping to carry my normal snacks on board.

I believe all flights have resumed to normal after the security scare last month and so I don't think airlines now have any issues regarding the packing of light snacks etc.

Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
South Carolina
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One last question...

I would just take them. The worst that could happen is that they would make you discard them. You're not talking about much money compared to what the trip will cost you.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One last question...

We had snacks on the flight on sunday, no one commented

Kentucky
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One last question...

You can bring snacks or even a meal, you just cant bring a drink.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One last question...

If you have any questions what you can bring or can't onboard, the following should answer most of your questions.

tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permi…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: One last question...

thanks for the thoughts. will bring the snacks on board.

also the site is quite useful...i appreciate you posting it.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: One last question...

I have flown twice since the restrictions have been in effect and I had food with me each time. I had no problems-both times security saw the food and didn't take it. The flight attendants also didn't say anything.

Kansas
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One last question...

check the official site but I read diabetics can take a small juice drink as can children. we took dry snacks two weeks ago. I wouldn't take fruit, may be some rule against it. can't take fruit into Arizona when driving, for example.

Mentioned in this post
Arizona
Arizona
United States