We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's the deal with hotwire???

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
what's the deal with hotwire???

Should I go for the 3 star south strip or 3 star north??? What hotels do you think it will be? Not sure if I like the idea of not knowing what I am getting into.....I may just say screw it and pay more directly through the hotel? Anyone have any good/bad experiences with hotwire?

plano
Level Contributor
316 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

south strip. North strip can get seedy if you get to far norty. But still to bad. Good luck. How important is the hotel to you?

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

Not to important....who spends that much time in their room? As long as they have a pool it's good. What are the chances it is a MGM owned property? I am thinking it it maybe Tropicana, or Excalibur. I would be happy with either of those. Could it be some smaller, less known hotel?

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

I say book your own flight and hotel seperately. But if you have to go through Hotwire book south strip. Stay away from the north end.

plano
Level Contributor
316 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

Imperial Palace would probably be as bad as it gets. Barbary coast maybe. Flamingo or Tropicana both have highly rated pool areas. I would personally just pay for what you want instea of leaving it to someone elso. If your gonnal spend a few hundred dollars, make sure you get what you want.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

Well, hotwire has it for $408 for 3 nights Oct 5-8 and if I go through the hotels: Excalibur = $460 and Tropicana = $448 and the prices go up from there for BC, Luxor etc (think IP is sold out?).

Is there additional tax added onto the hotwire price when everything is said and done?

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

For info on Priceline and Hotwire...this website let's you know what hotels are what..and the correct amounts to pay/bid.

http://www.betterbidding.com/

latrobe pa
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

the 3 star north end would probably be Rivera or Sahara IMO.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

So i ended up booking directly with Tropicana. $437 for 3 nights (Oct 5-8), is that a ggod price? It seems very busy that weekend and prices are going up not down?

9. Re: what's the deal with hotwire???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 02:20