We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the pool at Ballys??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
663 posts
Save Topic
How is the pool at Ballys??

I'm coming to Vegas at the end of this month for 5 days - staying at Ballys. Looking forward to getting some sun at the pool. I never hear anything about it though - does it compare, say, to Luxor? I know it isn't as fun as HRH, but hoping it's not as plain as Stardust (no offense, Vegasman). Does anyone know?

sss
Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
608 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Cali - weve been twice when we could use their pool. Pool is very plain, but its still pretty nice. There are no waterfalls or lazy rivers. They do have one of the deepest pools in vegas though. One end is roughly 12-14 deep. They have a nice bar that makes some wonderful fruity drinks. They also have towel service and comfortable chairs. We spend the day sleeping out by the pool in preperation for another night of fun. My concern would be if it will be open by the end of this month. I have been in late april before and it was too cool to swim. Sun bathing maybe, but with the temps in the 60-70 range and with the desert breeze blowing i dont think you will wanna swim. I will be in vegas the last of the month and im bringing my suit. Dont know if ill use it but i will be prepared. After these cold ohio winter days and nights, 60 - 70 degrees will feel great.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Calidancer,

I stayed at Bally's and really enjoyed the pool time I spent there. I agree with the above poster about tower service and comfy chairs. I think plush scenery and waterfalls and all of that is prettty amazing, but the truth is, I just want a pretty pool that I can get in to cool off, and good drink service. It has both of those. If you don't want to wait to be given drink service, you can go right up to the outdoor bar and order. They make really good (and strong) slushy drinks. We really loved it. There were kids there, but not a million.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
663 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Thanks for both of you for the advice. I am also hoping the weather will cooperate for that weekend. Even if I don't swim, I'd love to get a bit of sun. Sounds like the drink service alone is worth it!

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Bally's pool is very plain. It really does not matter though. The drinks from the poolside bar are amazing. Try the G-string colada. It is a very yummy pina colada with midori liquor mixed in it. I could have stayed at the pool the entire day drinking those. Bally's is a great hotel. The rooms a big and clean IT is great that Paris and Bally's connect. I believe as a Bally's guest you can also use the pool at Paris, but not positive about that. You should enjoy your trip. Have fun and drink lots!

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Yeah, I loved Bally's. We just charged our drinks to the room and signed a little slip with our room number on it. No problems at checkout time either. I had that G-string drink without ordering it and it was GOOD. I ordered the yummy Pina Colada and they must have been making a G string for someone else, so they added Midori to mine... it was potent and so good.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
663 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

You have me drooling for one of those drinks, people! Let it be known I've been living on Lean Cuisines, water and long workouts this month. (I do this every March, to trim up for summer). Suffice it to say - by the time I get to Vegas on the 24th, I will be very ready for one of those drinks!

Thanks for the advice. I'm sticking with Ballys.

Andover, Minnesota
Level Contributor
643 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Bally's pool is CLOSED. I e-mailed them to ask when it might open, as we are going 4/3. They said it might be open by then, depending on the weather. I also have a reservation at Caesars because of this. I plan to call 3 days B4 we leave to find out if I will be paying $150 more to go to Caesars (for 3 days). They did say that we could use the pool at Paris, but I cannot imagine how crowded that pool would be with both hotels using it!!!

hope this helps ya!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

JMHO but it'll be a tad on the cool side the end of March. End of April is much warmer - upper 70's to low 80's. We will be there 4/28-5/1......

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
663 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Oh dawn...you just sunk my battleship...

It's just a heck of alot easier to go to the pool at the hotel you are staying at, you know?

Andover, Minnesota
Level Contributor
643 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How is the pool at Ballys??

Sorry Cali. I think there are good rates at Flamingo and Monte Carlo, and I also think those pools are open.