We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outlet malls

canada
14 posts
Save Topic
outlet malls

hi i'm from canada and have never been to vegas(getting excited about comming there in april tho) i'm wondering about the outlet malls are they really any cheaper than a usual mall? with the exchange rate would i still be getting a deal on stuff? thanks for any replies

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outlet malls

The outlets do offer great savings on certain items. And others are at the same or higher than retail prices. You need to know what you want, and how much it will cost somewhere else. As far as the exchange rate, no idea.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: outlet malls

With the current relatively strong Canadian dollar right now, when shopping for named brand, it is far cheaper than what you have to pay in Canada (especially if you can find a good sales).

Minnesota
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outlet malls

Vegas Man,

is there an outlet mall close enough to take a cab or bus to from the strip?

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: outlet malls

Dawn,

You can take the 301 or 302 route to the SSTT (South Strip Transfer Terminal is my guess) And there get on the 303 that goes to the Las Vegas Outlet Center.

Or you can take the 301 or 302 to the DTC (Downtown Transportation Center) and there catch the 106 or 108 to the Premium Outlet Center.

Joe

Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outlet malls

Fellow Canadian!

Just returned from a trip to Vegas and shopped at a few different locations:

Premium Outlets (just northwest of the strip) - not bad - had some luck at Banana Republic - prices weren't too much cheaper

Fashion Show Mall - out of control. Every store you could imagine - also got some advice from a local working at that mall - she highly recommended going to Macy's (which I did) because, like any good department store - it had lots of sales - there were many, many stores I didn't even go in - HUGE.

Aladdin's Desert Passage - got some surprisingly good deals here - although I don't know if that's a general rule. Was nice to see different things here that I have in Canada.

The exchange really is good for us right now - happy shopping!