We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean clothes

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Clean clothes

Quick and maybe stupid question.

Is there anywhere in vegas that I can get my clothes cleaned.

I am in Vegas for a week before I go to Kansas City. but I dont want to take loads of clothes with me as I want to buy some xmas presents on the cheap exchange rate ($1.90 to the £ WOW)

So any advice at all on how to get some clothers cleaned and ironed while I am in vegas???

NJ
Level Contributor
658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean clothes

Try the hotel services.

Liverpool uk
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean clothes

webuser,

Where are you getting that rate from ?

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean clothes

toffeeman - he is probably just talking about the exchange rate which you see in paper, etc.

The 'tourist rate' is obvioulsy lower and the best place to always do that is Marks and Spencers - i got $184 or $185 the other day when even the Post Office were at $1.83.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean clothes

Get a student or a person over 60 to get your cash for you ,most banks or banks in students unions do not charge commission to these groups.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clean clothes

I read in another post that suggested looking in the phone book Yellow Pages for a laundry, or laundramat as we call them, that offers wash and fold services. Some full service cleaners also offer the service. Be sure to ask where they are located. The hotel will charge you the shirt off your back.

st. louis
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Clean clothes

Try 'Wizard of Suds' 4275 Arville 702-873-1453

Have not used them, but I'll be staying at Orleans next week and I looked it up, they are nearby.

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Clean clothes

Will they pick up drop off?

Liverpool uk
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Clean clothes

nickdolphins,

" The 'tourist rate' is obvioulsy lower and the best place to always do that is Marks and Spencers - i got $184 or $185 the other day when even the Post Office were at $1.83. "

I thought so, I always check Travelex first as they are always a little bit more than the rest, M & S comes a close second.

Toffeeman

Louisiana
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clean clothes

GC: We are at Orleans next week too. First time going to G2E. We leave tomorrow for a weeks stay.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clean clothes

I would avoid the hotel laundry and dry cleaning like the plague- the prices are unbelievable. They do have a price list in the closet wiith the laundry bag- don't send your clothing out unless you take a look at them- a friend sent some laundry out without looking and was charged something like 1.50 per sock or undie- had a laundry bill of almost $75 when he went to check out!