We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo Construction

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Monte Carlo Construction

Keep reading bad things bout construction at MC. Will be there in one month, would we e better off at Nugett in town?

Thanks for your help.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
4,999 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
347 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo Construction

You're going to get mixed reviews on this one. I was there the first week of November. I honestly -HONESTLY- did not hear any construction whatsoever. I was only there for two nights and it very well could have been that I was in a room farther from the noise.

I love MC, but would tell you if it really was a problem. I'm sure others will chime in....

DCA
Springfield...
Level Contributor
407 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo Construction

I'm wondering about this too. Have read about the early start to the noise. Is this a problem on Sundays too?

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,139 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo Construction

The constructtion site noise is to the north of the MC. Its the City Center Project that will take 4 more years. there is no way to predict how much noise but a lot of dirt is being moved, ie backing alarms on trucks and pile driving for foundations. It would be worse in the Polo towers and in the Spa Tower at the Bellagio.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo Construction

We recently returned from LV. We usually stay at the MC but chose the Mirage this time because of the construction. One drive by the MC convinced us we made the right choice. There is construction on 3 sides of the MC, both sides and in back. I could almost say 3.5 sides since there is work across the street at the Alladin as well. The parking garage is gone and you are limited to valet parking. We felt sorry for the MC as it seemed so isolated and,at least during the time we were there, the people walking the strip around it were often in a cloud of dust. I can't speak to to the noise inside the hotel but it was pretty noisy outside.

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo Construction

Just another answer for you to read- my husband and I were there the third week of Oct for 5 nights. Yes, there is construction going on-we were on the 32nd floor-we had a view of the rollercoaster at NYNY and a view of a smaller construction site. I can honestly say that the noise was not an issue for us at all. Yes, the large parking garage is gone; however there is a large lot (on the NYNY side side street that is really a very short walk to get to. There are also plenty of valets to park your car if you have one. We always rent a car in Vegas, and always stay at the MC. The parking for our last trip was not a problem at all. (there is also a smaller short term parking lot that can be used if you are planning on going back out .....(use your imagination here)

Since it was a rental I didn't worry about any dust that accumulated on the car -

Personally, I wouldn't stay at the Nugget over the MC- I much prefer the location of the MC and we always enjoy our stay there. I just booked our nxt trip for May-there will still be construction going on but I'm not worried about it. Enjoy!

6. Re: Monte Carlo Construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 06:21