We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

Ontario
Level Contributor
248 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

Just wondering if anyone had Thanksgiving dinner at the buffets. Wanted to know what people thought of the food and the prices. Going to Vegas over Christmas and looking for a good Christmas dinner so thought now is a good time to ask which buffets and restaurants had the best turkey.

Hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,622 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,110 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
914 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

I'm curious myself.

texas
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

Best buffet---- Bellagio or Wynn. Both are Overpriced.

Be prepared to stand in line, unless you eat before 12.00 noon.

or 5.00 pm.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

Okay, secondhand knowledge here, I read a trip report on another forum and this person had dinner at Flavors Buffet at Harrahs. They said it was very good, they had turkey, duck and many other items. This poster said they would eat there again next year. I have eaten Flavors buffet and thought it was good. Thanks, yes my family enjoyed our Thanksgiving. I am tired of turkey I grilled out burgers yesterday and they were sooooo good!

Mentioned in this post
Flavors, The Buffet
Flavors, The Buffet
1,771 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

I don't rely on any of the rBuffet ratings here, because people have different tastes and different expectations.

I don't expect too much from any buffet, because the reason most people go to buffets, is not quality, it is the quantity and variety.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
333 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

I agree with the previous poster. We saw people lined up at the Bellagio at 2pm for dinner, and at there was a 3 hour wait for the buffet at the Rio. Prices ranged from 17 to 35 dollars for the holiday buffets. Unless you are really dieing to stuff yourself silly, try something else. Lots of the restaurants had really nice thanksgiving meals for similar or better prices.

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Level Contributor
455 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

You know, I was sadly disappointed with the Wynn buffet for Thanksgiving dinner. I usually love it. The wait was about an hour and a half (although they said it would be 2-3 hrs), and it cost $42 not including tax. It was good, but not great. They didn't have many Thanksgiving staples such as mac & cheese or sweet potatoes. The shrimp and lamb chops were great, though. Lots of Asian fare as well.

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

I stayed at the Bellagio. Buffet was $37.95 and started at 2:00 p.m. We got in line at 3 and got seated at 6. Yes, 3 hours. I know, I'm lame and deserve to be ridiculed.

Food was good, but then again, it might have been all that waiting that made it taste good. Other than the turkey and some stuffing, there wasn't a whole lot of traditional thanksgiving food. there were some pumpkin desserts, but that was it. Fortunately, the dining room was not very crowded so I we didn't have to wait another 3 hours to get food.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

I know we are all different,but even if I was going to eat the food off the naked body of a vestal virgin,there is no way on gods earth I would wait in line for 3 hours for a meal,(even one cooked by a master chef)much less a buffet

Dont mean to offend just my 2c worth.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

Traditional Thanksgiving fare = Sushi, crab legs , ROFL .....

If you want a nice Thanksgiving dinner, stay at home with your family and go to LV some other time...

Mentioned in this post
The Sushi
The Sushi
11 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How were the Thanksgiving buffets?

Hey grayhorse- You pegged my Thanksgiving dinner last year! I had a lovely meal of sushi at Sushi Roku, and no arguing relatives or dishes to wash. Worked for me.