We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

herea another question for las vegas to g/canyon

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
herea another question for las vegas to g/canyon

thanks for everyone who has been answering my questions.......we fly into vegas on 14th jan .......

we have 2 nights booked at kachina lodage from 18th jan and will be driving to and from las vegas.....we plan to set off at aprrox 8 am/ish...........and need some sort of itineray thrown at me now so i can put something down on paper....... like ??

1) do we visit hoover dam when setting off on 1st day or on our return.........???

2) route 66 ..........is it best to drive on the highway to g/canyon then return on some part of this 'route 66' ???

3) will we be able to fit in 'Oatman' ghost town or anything else worth seeing.......en' route???

4) finally ...eating places along the way...........anything considered ...drive by's etc etc..or something decent ??? any ideas accepted....

thanks xx

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
manchester...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: herea another question for las vegas to g/canyon

anyone for tea?

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
487 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: herea another question for las vegas to g/canyon

I'll have a spot of tea :)

I'm also anxious to see any replies. I think a trip to the GC would be a lot of fun. I hope you get some answers soon

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: herea another question for las vegas to g/canyon

try asking on the GC forum. Most visits from LV to GC by LV visitors are by helicopter/plane to the west rim - not the "guts" of the canton. very few drive to you location. I would think the GC forum might be better. I wish you had more time for the GC, it is spectacular.

4. Re: herea another question for las vegas to g/canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 20:18