We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
GO BUC'S
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

we are planning to visit in the last week of march, i've never been out their in march, we will be their the last week of the month.

what's typical for that time of year in las vegas.can we get a decent rate, weather, etc. it's my son's b/day he will be 27 and he has never been to lv, so were going to try to top our last visit..

i dont know if i can take a nother dam tour !! dont get me wrong i love the dam & the drive out their but i dont think you need to do the dam tour twice.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
535 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

We've gone in March the last 2 years. (Last year was also the last week in March.)

1st time weather was very nice, high's about 70 or so. Could easily wear shorts/short sleeve shirts.

Last year is was very cold, windy and rained the last 2 days we were there. There were puddles everywhere and very few of the moving walkways were running during our trip.

We've gotten nice rates both years, but booked early and kept watching the hotel site incase price went down. 1st year was at Luxor, last year was at Bally's.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

The biggest downside is it is the busiest time of year with MArch Madness and Spring break. Rates are very high and you will wait in line most of the time.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

march is a really busy month and it is usually not quite pool time, weather is usually nice but not hot.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

Last time it was very cold and windy, take a warm jacket. Also it is the week before Easter, so the display at Bellagio's is really nice.

You just have to watch the weather a couple of days before you go, it has been in the 70's one year and the year before it was 40 and a wind chill. you just never know

uk
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

pro's is that i will be there..wait thats maybe the con

GO BUC'S
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

march sound's kinda heck-tic, spring break sound's like a little to much for me, i like to have fun on my term's, not some out of control

wild child.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

Tripper,

March may not be for you then. First two weeks of April are not much better b/c Spring Break and NCAA finals still going on. I think the best weekend to come to LV is the weekend or two before Memorial day. Weather is warm enough for the pool, but not too dang hot, and the crowds are not too bad b/c many are waiting for the Memorial weekend. Something to think about.

Another note is to surf the hotel rate calendars and look for the lower rates. Whe you see those lower rates tells you things are slower than normal.

Good Luck.

cedar rapids, ia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

Can you provide URLs to surf the hotel rate calendars?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

I will also be there in May 21 to 26

Your best bet is to do some homework and start things in motion yourself. Go to the Cheapolasvegas website.They have an interactive map and a list showing Las Vegas hotels by area, the Strip, Downtown etc..

Click on a hotel and you will get the lowdown on that place. You will also get a link to the hotel's website. Click on the link and then get on their special e-mail promotions list for deals. You can often surf the room rate calendars from that site. Many hotels are interrelated and you can sign up for a lot of e-mail alerts at once.

Then just wait for the offers which will start to come in. They run about 3 months before your travel dates so you will get May's deals in February..

Then before booking run the reviews at Trip Advisor for the hotel. If it gets mixed reviews keep in mind that a lot of reviewers are just crabby about petty details but if you see a pattern of complaints ( for instance bed bugs) consider staying somewhere else..

10. Re: las vegas in march, ??? pro's & con's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 17:19