We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

WIll be my first time

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

To me it seems an incredible hassle to switch hotels. Packing, checking out, geting to the second hotel, checking in and getting settled would take at least a few hours of one of your vacation days.

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

I vote mid-strip (Flamingo/Mirage area). One night downtown is plenty -- and you can cab it for $20 -- worth the hassle of moving mid-trip.

Enjoy! :)

canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

thanks.

we would be checking out after 2 nights anyways as we driving to GC for a night. may try out 2 different hotels on the strip

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

So you are staying 2 nights, going to Grand Canyon for a night, then coming back for 2 more nights? OK...I would tend to agree that unless you are looking to save money and don't care about a lot of amenities, there's really no advantage to staying downtown. You can easily visit downtown without having to stay overnight there. On the other hand, without knowing more about you and your interests, it's diffuclt to say. Some folks, especially those who are really just focused on gambling and drinking, prefer to stay downtown.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

If it is your first time- stay mid strip- Mirage, Harrahs, Flamingo are some choices. You can walk the strip and take cabs to anything off the strip you want to see.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

I always advice first timers to stay on the strip. Visit downtown one night to see if you like it. It is a very different atmosphere than the strip- some love it, some hate it. But I would just visit it first-it is far from the attractions, hotels, restaurants that most people want to see their first time in Vegas. Since you are checking out anyway, going to a second hotel on the strip won't be a problem. Just pick both hotels on the strip-not downtown.

7. Re: 4 nights in vegas, downtown or strip or 2 nights at each ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 14:19