We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reliable website too book hotels ?

canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
reliable website too book hotels ?

I've had good experiance with expedia and travelocity.

any local vegas websites ? which do not mess up on reservations ?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

book directly with the hotels. Sign up for email specials and see what you get. You can always make a reservation now and cancel or get the lower rate. If you book with a travel website you can't cancel without penalty or get a lower rate (or an upgrade).

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

Book direct with the hotel-they will generally match what the others guys do plus you have the option of cancelling/and or making chnages...

Fort Lauderdale, FL
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

I look on the travel sites like Orbitz & Travelocity to see what the prices are. Then I check a few of my top pics on the hotel's direct website and book it there. It's usually the same price, but the best part is you only pay the first night as a deposit, and if you decide to cancel, the hotel refunds your money.

At my computer
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

I have had good experiences by booking directly thru the hotels. If you have special requirements, they are happy to assist and very kind.

winterpeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

I'm with everyone else, book direct.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

I agree about the benefits of booking direct but there are times to use a travel site. I was able to get a Mirage room on Orbitz that was "sold out" on the Mirage site (and with a phone call to the Mirage). I understand that sometimes the travel sites have a block of rooms that are otherwise unavailable. The price was good too and there were no problems.

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

I book with hotels directly & never have a problem.

Largo, Fl
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

It doesn't hurt to check Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz before you call the hotel directly. Sometimes you can catch a break-but generally you're better off dealing direct.

hamilton Ontario
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

I used to book thru expedia, travelocity, tripres and/or hotel.com but now I check those sites then go directly to hotel site and see if they offer any specials or cheaper internet rates. I've never had a problem and get great rates and specials that way.

hamilton Ontario
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reliable website too book hotels ?

I used to book thru expedia, travelocity, tripres and/or hotel.com but now I check those sites then go directly to hotel site and see if they offer any specials or cheaper internet rates. I've never had a problem and get great rates and specials that way.