We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well now when did that get there?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Well now when did that get there?

Admittedly I haven't been on here much for several months. Dealing with both parents being admitted to the nursing home is hard to do :-( I just noticed that we can now save threads to "my trips". How cool is that? Now I will never again read something and hope I can remember what it was and find it later. Bravo Trip Advisor!!

Someone please tell me this feature hasn't always been here, LOL!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well now when did that get there?

Nice feature, isn't it!!! It was not always there, so do not worry! Glad you are back on and hope all is well at home. Dealing with elderly parents (or in-laws in my case) is a very difficult part of life, as my husband and I are dealing with similar issues.

GO COLTS- I am originally from Indianapolis!

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
560 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well now when did that get there?

No, it is a new feature... nice, huh?

I know its hard dealing with elderly parents. I have my Mother In Law living with us and it is quite difficult at times.

I wish you and her all the best.

This feature is a real gem... and a real time savor

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well now when did that get there?

"GO COLTS- I am originally from Indianapolis!"

The Colts aren't lol...

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Well now when did that get there?

I'm not from Indianapolis originally either but I've been here 20 years so it's home.

It's been almost 3 months since Mom fell and broke her hip and we had to admit Dad to the nursing home too as he has Alzheimer's. It was a very stressful and sad time for me and my sister. Mom fell the morning after I got home from Vegas in October.

To help make things ALL better I'm coming to Vegas next Sunday! Whoo hoo!! I don't know if it will take away all the worries but it will sure be fun trying. I'm staying at the Orleans Sunday night and the Aladdin Monday-Thursday nights and to top it all off I'm flying free on Southwest!! Total airfare and hotel = $250.89 tax included!! Not too shabby huh?

I'm starting to get really excited. 8-)

Indy
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Well now when did that get there?

Very nice on the free flight, we are looking at flying out of Indy in March, do you have any advice on booking on SWA website or any codes? It seems to fluctuate on the website every time I look.

Thanks

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Well now when did that get there?

i just know how u feel for ur parents.............

my dear mum had alzheimers.........a true lady to the very end........its all very sad to watch someone like that .who does not know who you are...........but still life must go on..........and i wish u well...

have a great trip xxxxxxx

toronto
Level Contributor
736 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well now when did that get there?

3katmama.

I feel for you. All I can say is when I take my sister to Vegas (& she has a ton of problems). they seem to disappear for those few days. Just have fun and slip into the 'fantasy' for a short time. And Good Luck too!

Indiana
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Well now when did that get there?

3kat....i'm very sorry about your parents. as tough as it gets, it sounds like they are very lucky to have you.

have a great time on your trip. it sounds like you need a break and a chance to unwind.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Well now when did that get there?

3kat, my mom also has Alzheimer's. It's a 24/7 job.

Take this much needed trip and just try to relax and smile. It's a vacation well deserved. Just have fun!

....um..... and WIN!!!!!!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Well now when did that get there?

Thank you all so much.........I'm overwhelmed by you kindness :-)

Pacers, my best advice to you for booking on SW is to book now! If the fare goes lower you can change the reservation to the new fare and bank the difference for a future flight to be used for up to a year. SW is the only airline I know of that will let you do that. I've done it personally and it only takes a minute to do it on their website. Aside from that, have you downloaded their "ding" program? Every once in awhile they will actually run a special to Vegas from Indy. I've seen it as low as $89 each way. You have to act fast to get the "ding" specials though. SW is tops in my book! It takes 16 credits to get a free round trip with them. You get one credit for each one-way flight. I managed to get mine after only 2 round trips but it's a long story....hee hee. Now if I could just find that drink coupon book they sent me I'd be all set to go. I don't drink much but I thought it would be fun to walk down the aisle on the plane handing out the coupons on the way to Vegas saying "cocktails! cocktails!" LOL