We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Value Hotel on the Strip

Aussie
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best Value Hotel on the Strip

HiGuys,

Im coming from australia in may for four nights and previously posted a few different ideas however, thinking of going lower in cost and seeing more shows. Can anyone reccomend a reasonably priced (no more than 200 p/n) hotel close to everything...i guess im after amosphere & a good view. Many thanks,

Lex

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

I'll bite...

What I think are reasonably priced hotels, that are on the strip

Flamingo

Bally's

Barbary Coast

Aladdin (specials oftern as they are renovating)

Luxor

Mirage sometimes you can get a pretty decent rate

TI sometimes you can get a pretty decent rate

Monte Carlo sometimes you can get a pretty decent rate

New York New York sometimes you can get a pretty decent rate

Just my opinion of clean, affordable and on strip.

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

Cost varies drastically week to week depending on demand. If any of the 4 nights are weekend, you will pay a huge amount more

Best affordable luxury, check these first;

TI, MonteCarlo, MGM, Luxor, NYNY...older but nice enough; Ballys, Harrahs, Flamingo

More expensive but sometimes go low; Mirage, Paris, Aladdin, MGM Signature, Mandalay Bay

Cheapies, BIG notch down in ambience; Excalibur, Imp Palace, Hooters

Don't go there; Circus, Frontier, Riviera

Quick walk to strip; Tuscany Suites, Westin Causarina, Platinum

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

what are the dates - will affect price. Do you want a pool - this will affect chocies. Barbary Coast good location, no pool. For "affordable" and pool consider monte carlo - i think a real value place. I hate Luxor - don;t get it, just plain rooms with a bad location.

so, dates and pool or other amenities -

Roscommon, Ireland
Level Contributor
113 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

Loads of things will come into play lex411 but here is something to chew on, any of these hotels are a good choice, obviously the cheaper the smaller the pool, the less number of restaurants, bars etc

High end properties (typically over $250 a night) Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn

Mid to high end (between $150 and $250 a night) Mirage, MGM Grand, Paris, Mandalay Bay, Treasure Island, Caesars Palace

Mid price hotels ($90-$150 a night) Flamingo, Ballys, Monte Carlo (major construction next door), Luxor, Aladdin (currently undergoing renovation), Golden Nugget, New York, New York

Lower Mid Price hotels ($40-$90 a night) Orleans, Barbary Coast, (no pool) Gold Coast, Excalibur (lots of young children)

Remember prices rise dramatically on Friday and Saturday nights, for example the room you can get for $50 on a wednesday in the Orleans will cost maybe $150-$200 on either friday or Saturday, Enjoy and no matter where you choose you will have a great time i guarantee

Aussie
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

many many thanks everyone. yes, i have noticed the price rise over the weekend, especailly since there is a fight on over that weekend. When do the aladdin costructions finish, anyone know??

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

It depends on if you are coming in mid-week or during a busy time:

I would recommend the following:

South part of the strip:

MandalayBay- if you are coming during the middle of week- you may get priced in under $200. Drawback is the location, but this is a great property. A lot of things to do and see.

NYNY- Should get priced in most of the time. Not sure if it has the shows you are looking for.

MGM- Should get priced in some of the time.

Center part of the strip:

Mirage- Perfect location in my opinion. Should get priced in some of the time.

TI- Very good location and should get priced in most of the time.

Paris- Is another property that has a good location on the center part of the strip.

If you are going during a pricier time- check out Harrahs, Ballys or possibly the Monte Carlo.

I would avoid the north part of the strip. The hotel are much further apart and non of them really stand out north of the Wynn. Some people complain about the south part of the strip, but the properties are easy to get from one to another, and if you take a cab from NYNY- you can get to the Bellagio very quickly taking a cab to the side enterance.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

We booked the Barbary in February for $80.00 a night. More on weekends. Check out "Canadian 2004" last posting. They give you great promo codes. That's if you are going in the next couple of months. Barbary doesn't have a pool, but by the looks of things we won't need one in 4 weeks.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

That is pretty easy to answer, Monte Carlo. 5-star service at a 3-star price.

Rock Springs, WY
Level Contributor
181 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

On the way to downtown, at the end of the strip, there's the Stratosphere: I've stayed there for reasonable rates several times. Also, in the same area, is the Sahara: I've stayed there a few times too. At the Sahara, you can catch that (over-priced and often inconveniently located) mono-rail to the main part of the strip. You can also walk across the street and catch "the Deuce" bus (which can be a long and grueling ride depending on the traffic). I am not interested in paying a fortune for a room in a big theme park strip hotel, but I like being near all of that activity---my luck with the Strat. and with the Sahara has been good. Stay away from Circus, Circus--it is literally overwhelmed with small children.

10. Re: Best Value Hotel on the Strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 21:16