We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire car rentals

Mass
Level Contributor
192 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotwire car rentals

Has anyone had good/ bad experiences renting a car through Hotwire? They advertise their companies to be Avis, Budget, and Hertz in Las Vegas. Opinions?

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire car rentals

I've used hotwire a few times for car rentals, never any problems. On both occasions we got Hertz which is a good company to rent through, but usually too pricey. I would use hotwire again if the price was right. Unlike flights and hotels, I'm not too choosy about car rentals.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire car rentals

I use Hotwire all the time for car rentals. I too have NEVER had a problem. I am usually booked with Hertz as well, but not had a problem with Avis or Budget either.

I think it was Budget, on a recent LAX rental that I had to call prior to my pick up because I wanted to add a GPS unit. No hitch what so ever.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire car rentals

Vkqueen,

I have used Hotwire a ton of times for rental cars, and love it. Little better than priceline even. Several times in Vegas, ALL good experiences. Highly recommend using a service like Hotwire, Priceline or Costco for rental cars.

Good luck and happy travels!

US
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotwire car rentals

I just booked a car with Priceline for this week and it was $12 a day - 1/3 less than Hotwire and the rental is with Avis. By the time you figure in all the taxes and fees - it's a good $30 difference.

Lockport, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotwire car rentals

I have a car reserved thru Avis for our upcoming vacation, however we will not be returning it to Las Vegas, we will return it in California. I have never used the services you are talking of (Priceline, etc).....will they allow a return to another state?

Lockport, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotwire car rentals

Another thought/question......

Has anyone rented with the Avis on Tropicana Ave in Las Vegas? It is not located in a hotel or anything, but is much cheaper than getting the car at the airport or even at the Aladdin Hotel. I'd like to know if anyone has had any good/bad experiences at this location.

ontario
Level Contributor
275 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotwire car rentals

i've noticed on expedia, they offer deals as low as $10-$12/day, then they also offer a type of 'all in' package for about $80. if you take the $12, do you just end up paying all the taxes and extras anyway or does the higher price include insurance and options that you can choose not to take?

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotwire car rentals

I used Hot Wire for the first time last month in Florida. I was a little nervous but ended up with Avis and saved $150. Would use Hot Wire for the car rental again, no question about it.

Good Luck!

9. Re: Hotwire car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 12:25