We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

woke up and hit the lovely Sunday Brunch and gorged ourselves, not sure why we do that the first day always! then upstairs to shower and pack up to move to our next hotel. Decided to hit up Albertsons for some beer, water and staples like *pretzels" etc.... then off to THE sign for pics with dad and me and Mike, we have never stopped there to take a pic, so, that was a thrill. Shopped at Hagar, Nike and found a new suitcase for dad, then we headed to the Aladdin to check in. The front foyer is as impressive as ever and dad thought the hotel was really nice. unpacked, had a beer and rested for an hour or so, then off to explore a bit, went to the Sharper Image, bought a strategy card at ABC to show dad the basics of BJ. then off to Ballys to see if they had any $5 BJ at the Fun Pit.... that place is really a good time.

wandered through the paris, listened to the Duelling piano's.

Went to the famous Ellis Island for Dinner and while waiting (45 mins) we showed dad WOF.... he was happy because he was up $15 and decided he should buy dinner with his winnings.

ok, dad and Mike are stirring, time for me to power down the old laptop and get packing, we decided to leave on the 1:30 flight this afternoon versus the 9 PM flight tonight as it will make getting up or work tomorrow oh so much easier :) so, we gotta run and see a couple last things and get some breaky in us before we go.

I thought I would try and get some of this done before I got home as who knows when the rest of the TR will come :)

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Did you dad get to dance? Are those names still on the doors at EI?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

Where did you spend your first night?

Chicago
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

Thanks for the TR, will read the rest when you post.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

That's right. You were trying to find dad someone to dance with and NOT with one we were thinging about, lol

Glad dear ole dad's having a good time, now that you've "finally" invited him, lol

I'm just jealous Coop! I'd love to be there in any capacity.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

thinking even

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

VP....

We had a fantastic time, dad did not get to dance I'm afraid, we were too busy doing other things, but, he had wanted to at least see Gilly's at the Frontier since that is apparently where there is good country dancing and a friend of his told him it will be torn down sometime soon, I don't know if that is true, but, it is what he was informed.

Doors still have names on it, I went into a couple and two doors still had it on it :)

Sweetsherry,

we stayed at the Orleans the first night, Aladdin the second and Flamingo the third, all were great.

Indy
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

What is the Fun Pit at Bally's?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

Fun Pit or Party pit, don't exactly remember what it is called, they play upbeat music and every time you get a blackjack, they give you beads, or cards or other gifts, really it is just more outgoing, fun and involved dealers.... tables are usually $5-10 that we have found when we went, they have other games, not just BJ.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

Glad Dad had a good time cooper and I love that you get up early to keep in touch and post LIVE from Vegas!

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR with Dad, Saturday, Jan 21

Glad Dad had a good time cooper and I love that you get up early to keep in touch and post LIVE from Vegas!

thanks!