We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question, sure many to come

virginia
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Another question, sure many to come

ok, we changed our hotel from Excalibur to Orleans.......big mistake or upgrade? The reviews sounded much better for Orleans and we decided for the 2 couples each get a room instead of share. So we are not "club hoppers" or anything, but since i'm going to vegas, i would like to go to a good nightclub or lounge, to drink, relax, do a little dancing but not "break the bank" if you know what i mean!! any suggestions??

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another question, sure many to come

Have you actually checked the prices of clubs, drinks, dancing in Las Vegas? If you were so concerned about saving money that you were going to share a room, maybe you should wait until the trip wasn't such a hardship.

virginia
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Another question, sure many to come

No hardship here Honey! I'm able just not willing to dish out too much cash for such a thing. Thanks for putting your 2 cents in on it, next time you can keep them though.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another question, sure many to come

I'd say the Orleans is an upgrade over Excalibur, in every way except the obvious location.

Can't advise you on clubs without knowing more about what music you like and your age, but since you are at Orleans, I'd recommend taking the shuttle to Gold Coast, then walking next door to Rio and checking out VooDoo Lounge - good place for all ages.

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another question, sure many to come

hhorne,

Why not get some wine/beers for the room, etc and drink before going out and getting ready!!! Then go out and chill out with drinks - my wife does this here in the UK and also did it in Vegas and other expensive areas.

Also - places like O Sheas, Imperial Palace, etc are really cheap to drink.........you could go in there and get liquored up and then go to clubs and buy a coke, lol.

Have fun :)

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another question, sure many to come

Well, then, have a wonderful trip.

virginia
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Another question, sure many to come

Thanks stratton for the post. i'll check the Voodoo Lounge out, i'd read some good reviews on it also. We like pop, hip hop, rock, classic rock, a little country, of course we are from Virginia. Ages 27-30. What about the ghostbar or Coyote Ugly, ever been?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another question, sure many to come

Damama can't make up her mind. She told me I was and absolute idiot for spending any sort of money on fine dining and drinks and told me "it must be nice to have all the money in the world". Which is it - you don't have anything good to say about budget spenders or people who like to spend money on their vacation.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another question, sure many to come

Tropical, you definitely have me confused with someone else. Please show me where I said that. Anyone who has read my posts would know I didn't say that.

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another question, sure many to come

Tropical,

Sorry to get involved here but Danama is one of the most helpful people on this site!!!

HHorne - I went to Coyote Ugly last tuesday - it rocked!!! Music awesome and the gals dancing in there (sure you dont care about this) are amazing, great looking and also very good dancers - we had a blast. If you get there before 9 its happy hour on all drinks and so its 2 for 1 (on ANYTHING)...........

Nick

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another question, sure many to come

Thank you Nick.