We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grif

New York
8 posts
Save Topic
Grif

grif

We’re very sorry to hear of your medical condition. We have read your posts ( and polkadad’s) for over a year and came to Laughlin last summer based in part on your enthusiastic recommendations. We loved Laughlin and we are returning this July. Thanks for all your help. We wish you the best with your medical treatment. It’s a shame you are not in New York. One thing we do have is great Hospitals like New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

Here’s link for more info http://www.nypheart.org/

I hope it helps you.

Best of luck

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grif

pokeytex......Thanks for your good words and information. It is nice hearing that we have made so many friends on this site over the years. I have done some research, and I guess that my surgeon at Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas is one of the best around, so I guess I will stick with him. I calculated the odds and I am a prohibitive favorite to survive. (A true Gambler!) Ha, ha.

Enjoy your Laughlin stay in July and keep in touch. I am sure Polkadad and I will keep you posted on any new developments in Laughlin.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grif

Grif,

Sorry to hear about your bad news. I know it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but when all is said and done, you will be surprised how much energy you have. Warn your wife now, because when you are all healed up you will feel like you are 18 again...lol.

Many wishes for a speedy recovery.

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grif

TheDurgus..........Thanks so much for your positive thoughts. I warned my wife and she says she's moving out while I'm in the hospital...ha, ha, ha.

I had no idea how many people frequented out little site here. Wow

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grif

Grif, several of us in Colorado have been entertained by your and PolkaDad's postings for quite a while now. We come out to Laughlin twice a year and appreciate all of the information (even the occasional rants) that you put out regarding the local establishments.

I hope everything goes well for you so we can meet at the River Palms poker table someday.

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grif

Thanks so much Viking. Another friend from another region.

vegas
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grif

get well soon griff and dont worry about sunrise or its doctors it is a highly rated and respected nationwide for cardiac care

# 1 in the State for Cardiology

Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grif

That's great to hear Vegas. I figure anywhere I go in Nevada, it's a "gamble". ha, ha

vegas
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grif

the only gamble you will have at sunrise is the food!!

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grif

Vegas.....Where did you find the information on the comparative rankings of the hospitals?

Golden Valley
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Grif

Hmmm... True gambler ay? Are you taking proposition bets, like how many days before you are up chasing nurses? :~D Seriously, here's wishing you a quick and painless recovery.

Get answers to your questions about Laughlin