We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mega millions

las vegas
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
Save Topic
Mega millions

I live in Vegas and want to get tix for the jackpot on Friday. What are the lines like in bullhead city? Trying to decide if a quick trip to Laughlin may be in order to get them. If I go to primm it's at least a 2 hour line. Hoping the drive back and forth from laughlin of 3 hours would be less than 1 1/2 hour drive back and forth from primm and 2 hour wait. Any ideas locals? Would give us a good excuse to gamble a little and keep our perks coming from the tropicana.

Honestly, until we visited Laughlin a few months ago, I never would have considered this and sadly, there's not much news coverage up here when this happens. They only ever go to primm or Rosie's den in Arizona.

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mega millions

Purchased mine at Circle K in Bullhead City on Marina after school today. Three people in the store. If I win, the last the last five people to enter comments on this site will get 50K each. Wish me luck!

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mega millions

There is a picture in today's Las Vegas newspaper and Superk5 is right about the long line at Primm !!

lvrj.com/news/hopefuls-line-up-for-chance-at…

I don't plan on buying any tickets, but I might be in line for the 50K money grif is giving away.

las vegas
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mega millions

Thanks for the replies. Got mine and only 10 minutes in line. And not letting this secret out.

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mega millions

Reply to Grif: Good luck!!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
893 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mega millions

Picked up 2 tickets. I never play the lottery unless I hear a jackpot is over 300 million. Over 500 million and I made a special trip and doubled my buy in.

vegas
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mega millions

went to rosies 6 am thursday morning no wait at all ez drive with the bridge open gl 2 you

Cardiff, South Wales
Level Contributor
540 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mega millions

Oh my gosh that is just mad to have to think of driving to Laughlin to get a ticket. The American lottery has been on our news here in the UK this morning. We have the Euromillions which Europe are not very happy about because it keeps getting won in the UK, well I guess we are in Europe but don't think we class ourselves as European! Good luck everyone hope one of you wins, especially Griff!!

Edited: 30 March 2012, 19:20
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Mount Pocono
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mega millions

I always found it interesting that some folks only play when the jackpot is very high. Personally, I try to convince my husband that cash 5 (in PA) gives us and everyone else better odds of winning. I'd take a $200,000 jackpot in a heartbeat!! Less numbers to choose too :-)

Grif, good luck to you my friend, and to everyone else out there that has a ticket! This may sound nuts, but $640 million is scary to me. I would give much of it away, and keep only what I thought I needed to have a comfortable life. It would be nice to win a little with hubby out of a job now though!!

Good luck everyone :-)

vegas
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mega millions

yes 640 million is scary! it would be fun to give to others thats 4 sure! gl to all lets hope a board member wins it!

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mega millions

"yes 640 million is scary! it would be fun to give to others thats 4 sure!"

Yeah, it would just thrill the living .... out of me to give the government a couple of hundred million in taxes.