We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whew....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
85 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Whew....

I like hot weather, but.... we are arriving on Wednesday and the forecast is 114 degrees (yikes!!), Thursday 113, Friday 113 and Saturday 111!!!! Lows in the upper 80s. Hopefully the power grid stays up and running! Still excited.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whew....

Nothing unusual about those temperatures this time of the year. Hot is when it gets into the 120 and above.....I have been there. You will be fine and give a good thanks to the people that invented air conditioning.

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whew....

We were there in mid July and it was 110 or better the whole time. If u like to walk go out early, during the day we stay in our go for a drive.

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whew....

I love my Laughlin trips, but just can't take such hot weather. Walking a few times/day is one of my fav things to do there, so will have to wait til my fall trip!

laughlin nv
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whew....

this has been a good year........have had zero power outtages here in laughlin so far.........these past 2 weeks monsoon season very muggy.....midweek should start to go back hot with little humidity(thats why we moved here)...........actually onlyhours i dont like to be outside are from about 12-6......morn and late eve nice for walks.......

laughlin nv
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whew....

its like 117 today.......thurs and friday might go over 120.......ouch my air conditioning........real crispy for the regatta on sat.

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whew....

You spoke too soon Polka. My power was out for two hours the other night. But that was due to a microburst. We lost quite a few trees. I sure hope none of the out-of-towners decide to get drunk and float the Regatta today. We may lose one or two. Especially when they hit that 58 degree water.

laughlin nv
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whew....

grif up here at bay sands we lost no power......go figure

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
85 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whew....

Well, we are back in Seattle after 3 nights in Laughlin.... it was hot, but I took my walks in the early morning and it was beautiful. The wind storm was CRAZY, it blew out 2 big plate glass windows in the Poker Room at the Riverside. I hung out on the South end of the Riverside during the storm, under the roof and found the storm so exciting....felt the sting of the sand on my legs. On Friday night, the place filled up with River Regatta peeps and we decided to take the water taxi down the Harrahs, lots of drunk/drinking folks on the taxis and lots of bugs (think fruit flies), we were covered by the time we got back to the Riverside, ugg.

laughlin nv
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whew....

thats funny......you get some real screwy weather in seattle sometimes and then you come here and get a haboob(windstorm) which we very seldom have.....glad you had a good time.......wife was working prime rib room when storm hit......she said it was shaking pretty good up there.......glad no worse damage.

10. Re: Whew....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 09:16