We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beef Wellington ???

K D
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beef Wellington ???

anyone know where we could go to find a good beef wellington? Hubby has been craving it like crazy.

even if it's not right in Laughlin, no problem as we have a rental car

thanks!

laughlin nv
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beef Wellington ???

i think the gourmet room at riverside has it or with the top rate chefs they have they could make it

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beef Wellington ???

I cannot remember seeing Beef Wellington on any menu in Laughlin. I am not too sure about the gourmet room, as they advertise French Cuisine. Beef Wellington is a traditional British dish (the French are better cooks.)

K D
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beef Wellington ???

yep

that doggone Gordon Ramsey on the tv show "hell's kitchen" Does it every time, as beef wellington is one of his signature dishes

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
349 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beef Wellington ???

The Gourmet Room at the Riverside does offer

Beef Tenderloin Wellington for 2

Topped with Duxelle, Pate de Foie Gras, Wrapped in a Puff Pastry for $79.

This is designated on the menu as a special order item.

They ask for 24 hours notice on Special Orders so when (or if) you make a reservation you should order it in advance.

That is the only place I know of in the area that serves it. The 310 Bar and Grill in Bullhead City had served it at one time but it isn't currently on their menu. You could inquire with them. We haven't been there but have heard it is very good. Their website is:

http://310grill.com/

(we aren't affiliated or promoting them in any way).

Hope you enjoy your visit to Laughlin!

K D
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beef Wellington ???

thank you, I will check out both of these

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beef Wellington ???

I saw a sign today that says the Cafe Aquarius (in the Aquarius, as you might suspect) will have Beef Wellington as one of the Mother's Day specials. It isn't a regular menu item there. I don't know whether you will be here on that specific date, but if you are that's another option. The price is right at $8.95.

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
349 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beef Wellington ???

I saw that special too, didn't mention it. As a general rule I wouldn't get a dish like Beef Wellington from a cafe type place. In the past we have tried Cafe Aquarius a few times for various holiday specials and they were just average. A good price yes, and it includes dessert, etc.. It's a good deal if you go without too high expectations and know you get what you pay for. Just our opinion.

K D
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beef Wellington ???

unfortunately, we won't be there till May 19th (late) thru the 24th

but thanks for the thoughts - appreciate it!

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Beef Wellington ???

You will be here for the Tropicana free-dinner-buffet-for-two-for-veterans event on the 22nd (fourth Wednesday each month). If either you or your husband is a veteran, bring proof of service (a copy of form DD214, for example) and show it when you get your player's card at the Trop.

I realize that trying to save a few dollars here and there is usually not a priority for people on vacation. I mention the event mostly to give credit to the Trop for a very nice gesture.

The hard-working hostesses and table-clearers in the buffet area say that the fourth Wednesday is usually the busiest day of the month for them (lines are always long), and usually generates the least in tips. If some of the veterans really can't afford to leave a dollar each as a tip, then it's great that they get a nice free meal, and great of the Trop to make it possible. But if they just figure a percentage of zero is zero and don't leave a tip, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Instead of a free buffet, the Trop should reduce the price to a dollar or two per person for veterans and put all that money into the tip pool. There could be a donation jar to build a fund to pay for veterans who can't come up with the money, In the unlikely event that the Trop ever asks for my humble opinion, that's what I'll suggest.

K D
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beef Wellington ???

thanks for letting me know about this

neither of us are vets, but my brother, father, and grandfather all were

BLESS THEM ALL for giving us our freedom

too bad, as i would surely tip quite generously to these fine men and women

perhaps we'll just pass by and make a donation