We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Pioneer

Which Laughlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fullerton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Pioneer

Is the Pioneer really that bad??!! We will be in Laughlin in late July. My son is staying at the Belle and my daughter at the Pioneer because she has a dog. Where should my husband and I stay? Thanks for your help

san diego
Level Contributor
478 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Pioneer

Well, as far as the Pioneer being good or bad it really depends on your viewpoint. For some people the Pioneer is the only place they stay at, for others it's the worst. My experience has been less than impressive: carpets worn, stained and ripped. TV (old tube style) often don't work properly, burnt out light bulbs, bathroom counter top stained or cracked, but for me the beds are okay. The areas next to the rooms are dirty and kinda seedy looking. The big lighted cowboy, called River Rick, is in a sad state of disrepair - about half of his lights are burnt out and often rows of neon lights bordering the motel are often burnt out. They just have not been doing any basic maintenance on the site, let alone upgrading. The Fast Draw Snack Bar used (in my opinion) to be the best on the river, now they offer pre-made sandwiches that are no better than a vending machine sandwich. The best thing about the motel is that you can drive right up to you room - very convenient. I would recommend your daughter not stay here - I would recommend the Tropicana or Aquarius for her.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 17:25
Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Pioneer

I have stayed at the Pioneer about 6 times. I would have to say the hotel accommodations can best be described as "basic". I have to agree with the above, although some rooms are better than others, but they all could use an upgrade. Another problem with such an older place is that the insulation is poor and if you have loud neighbors you will certainly hear them. The locations of the Pioneer is great and the parking at your room is a big plus. There are many more hotels in Laughlin that have pet rooms besides the Pioneer.

Fullerton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Pioneer

Thanks for your input. You suggest the Tropicana or Aquarius....are they pet-frienly?

san diego
Level Contributor
478 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Pioneer

I don't think they are pet friendly. The Riverside and River Palms are both pet friendly. I've heard good reviews for both concerning pets with the River Palms getting the better of the two. I do believe that the pet rooms at the Riverside are some of the older rooms (not that great).

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Pioneer

Harrah's also has pet rooms.

Fullerton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Pioneer

Thank you all! We will check these out. Looking forward to our trip.

7. Re: The Pioneer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:18