We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

Which Laughlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

Hi Laughlin!

I am a thru-n-thru Vegas addict but have been to Laughlin once 4 years ago. It is much quieter than Vegas for sure but I found it very pleasant. Now my question....

I am a Total Rewards member (low, low roller) and keep receiving letters for 4 days Edm-Laughlin return including a room at Harrah's for the incredible price of $399. Has anyone taken advantage of this deal? If so, what was your experience.

Momma taught me "if it looks too good to be true, it usually is". I am very leary (the letter also mentions signing a "Travel Participation Agreement") but if this is a genuine deal I want to pounce on it.

Thanks for your advice.

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

I have booked those offers before. No problems, whatsoever. Been to Tunica and going to Laughlin next week. The TPA is no big deal. Just basically a contract.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

Hi "dusty"

Thanks a million! Now, wish me luck convincing the DH that I NEED a Laughlin holiday!

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

They have planes coming in just about every day from all over. I have been on these many times. However, they do sell out quickly. More than once I waited too long and found the plane full. Start working on your DH now......

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

If you go to www.totalrewardsair.com there are several dates leaving Edmonton. There are 3 dates in August, 2 in September, and 1 in October. I'm not sure what date your offer is for, but it might be worth taking a look at the dates and giving them a phone call. We didn't even have an offer and they were very willing to book one of our selected dates and for less than the price indicated on the web site.

Actually while I was looking for dates from Edmonton, I checked and they had added another date in October from our home town. Now I'm re-thinking about an August trip and opting for one in October. I'm really hoping the last of October would be a bit cooler than the first of August.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

Oh....forgot to say we are real low rollers also.

I was wondering how they select your room and location or if you have any input on that. Does anyone know? Not that I would have a clue as to which tower to ask for!?!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

Hi,

Mission accomplished! It wasn't a hard sell for DH other than he worries about me out and about by myself.

I was able to get the date I wanted. When I phoned the first time to inquire I was told there was a $50 charge for "single occupancy" yet when I phoned back to book I was quoted the price in the letter and the recording while I was on hold said the rate quoted was for single or double occupancy.

I should be receiving my documents in 2 weeks. The flight schedule is not confirmed until 2 weeks prior to the flights. I am really looking forward to this time away to relax on the beautiful Colorado.

As far as selecting rooms, it may depend on what day you arrive. I find a pleasant attitude to the front desk may work. Or they may offer you an upgrade for a price. Sometimes a "$20 sandwich" can secure a nicer room.

FYI, I checked the flights yesterday Edm-Vegas for the same time period. Westjet wanted almost $600.

I will definitely report back and let you all know how my experience went.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

Good going! I know what you mean about the airfare. Leaving from our hometown is over $400 and that's with a layover. Being able to get a nonstop at less than half that amount is a wonderful deal for us.

Have a great time!

8. Re: Total Rewards Air/Hotel Offer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:19