We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River cut off road

San Diego...
5 posts
Save Topic
River cut off road

Any thoughts on how the road might be in November?

Orange County Ca
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River cut off road

Assuming you mean the 26 mile stretch between I-40 and Laughlin? If so, things should be just fine. November is a great month weather wise in Laughlin, usually bright and sunny. In recent years this road has seen a few improvements and the speed limit raised in some parts. However, still strongly suggest keeping the speed down and try not to exceed posted limits. Both California and Nevada LE patrol this road and write lots of speeding tickets.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: River cut off road

Yes, I did mean the stretch between the I-40 and Laughlin. I was curious due to all the rain that was been in that area lately. Thank you for the information.

Mentioned in this post
Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: River cut off road

The River cut off road is that small section (.25 mile long?) of road that heads over to the Needles Highway from I-40. The Needles Highway is called the River Road in Needles. They made some major improvements in the Nevada section of the Needles Highway, but the Calfornia section of the Needles Highway continues to be "rough". November shoud be a fine drive.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: River cut off road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:18