We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffets

new york
Level Contributor
695 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Buffets

What buffets in Reno have people eaten at recently? Please let me know both those you have enjoyed and those you dislike. I know that the Sands has a very cheap buffet. Is this a mistake at any price as is the buffet at Terribles in Las Vegas which is owned by the same company?

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffets

I recently posted a review for The Buffet at the Eldorado. Check it out:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

C S
Portland
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffets

Have eaten at the Sands, Silver Legacy, Harrahs, Peppermill, and the Atlantis.

Without a doubt, the El Dorado is the most complete and worth the money. If you go for dinner Monday through Thursday or have lunch, the price is very reasonable. I would go the Peppermill next along with the Atlantis.

We love the Sands for many reasons, but the buffet isn't one of them. The service is outstanding as is the setting, but the food is marginal at best. The selections are few. However, if you want a cheap meal it isn't "bad."

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
4,206 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffets

My preferred is also the Eldorado, though their dessert station is not that big. The Atlantis' Mongolian grill station is exceptional.

And when you decide which ones to go to, join their players club to get discounts.

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffets

Ranked in order:

1st Place tie-

Atlantis and El Dorado

2-

3-

4-

Last Place- Sands

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffets

Another vote for the El Dorado, with the Atlantis a close 2nd.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffets

Hey DaveC95818,

I'm going to add the Circus Circus Buffet to #5 (last place)......

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffets

Agree with all who rank Eldorado and Atlantis high and CC low. I know some folks like the one at the JA Nugget but I found their food good but a limited selection (kudos for the white tablecloths, though).

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffets

I'll agree with those who rank Eldorado's buffet as #1, but the Atlantis buffet's apparent love affair with finely-chopped red onions in all their salads puts it in third or lower place with me.

My ranking for Reno buffets at which I've recently eaten is as follows:

1. Eldorado

2. Peppermill

3. Atlantis

4. Circus Circus

I haven't eaten at the Silver Legacy or Harrah's buffets in several years, and have never sampled the Sands buffet, so I have no current opinion on them. In fairness, the Circus Circus buffet has improved considerably over the last few years, but it still isn't (nor does it attempt to be) in the same class as the first three on my list.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffets

Avoid the glorified salad bar that is the Spark Nugget (ascuaga) buffet. Same as it was 25 yrs ago, very few meat/fish/chicken choices.

Eldorado Buffet has the best checkenfriend steak in town (with delicious white gravy) but it is for breakfast only.

Atlantis Buffet is second best in town but gets dinged by a new round of cost cutting every 2 yrs.The Mexican food section of the Atlantis Buffet should be considered one of the best Tex-Mex "restaurants" in Reno area.

It seems the Silver Legacy and Circus Circus buffets are kept at B and C levels to not compete with the Eldorado Buffet.

Peppermill has never seriously put in the effort and expense for a truly good buffet, content with the popular coffee shop.

10. Re: Buffets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:25