We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seafood Buffet

Which Reno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best Seafood Buffet

Looking for the best seafood buffet for the money on a Friday night. Looking through previous posts, I'm leaning towards Eldorado as we'll be dining at Atlantis on Wednesday for steak and crab night. Any suggestions and current experiences appreciated.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

My review dated 08/12/11 of the Eldorado Buffet focused on the Friday Night Seafood Buffet. I've also enjoyed Atlantis's Toucan Charlie's Buffet.

I think your plan is a good one! But I will recommend the Atlantis Steakhouse for that steak. Great place!

San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

Thank you for the reply. I did see your review, but I've found the buffet reviews aren't very reliable if they're more than a couple of months old as things, particularly the quality of the ingredients, can change dramatically with demand.

We'll have a little one with us, so we'll probably skip the steak house this time around though I do appreciate the recommendation.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

Excellent points JK! I am planning on a visit soon and will update.

As for the Steakhouse....with a little one? Yep, the buffet will be better. I've had some great meals at T Charlie's.

Have a great trip!

San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

Thanks. I'll post my thoughts once I return.

San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

Ate at the Atlantis tonight. While we got our monies worth I wouldn't say it was an excellent value. Even so, the ribeyes and the crab were worth it. Pretty much everything else was good, but not exceptional. Their desserts section was probably the biggest disappointment.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

Did you partake in the Mexican section? During one visit, I had amazing chile rellenos and meunudo. Really good. Surprisingly good. Another visit was "meh".

Ribeye steak? Cooked to your preference?

But the question: How did the kidlet do?

San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

Unfortunately, the steak was not cooked to order but was still excellent. What we tried of the Mexican was good, but as $22 a person, the focus was on steak and crab.

The kindler did fine as he likes crab. While he did want to fill up on bread and crackers, we encouraged him to do otherwise.

8. Re: Best Seafood Buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 10:24