We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite pool for Winter?

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite pool for Winter?

Which hotel has your favorite pool/Jacuzzi area that is good for families and winter time? (no particular budget) Want to go up this season for the weekend and my kiddos want a good pool and we want to ski at a few new places, we usually do South Shore.

Jenn

Reno, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
776 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite pool for Winter?

I assume you are, indeed, looking for hotels in Reno as your home base and not South Shore Tahoe? Just wanted to make sure I'm reading your question properly!

If you are looking for Reno as a home base, the three hotels that pop into my mind as being good for families in the winter would be at the Nugget in Sparks (large indoor complex with big pool and lots of jacuzzi areas), the Atlantis (smaller pool but really nice setting and indoors), and the Peppermill (outdoor pools, BUT...they are kept at very warm temperatures and nice landscaping).

If you are wanting to get up to South Shore from Reno, the Nugget would be the furthest drive to get to that part of the lake, and the Atlantis and Peppermill are essentially equidistant.

Having stayed at all three venues with my kids, I personally prefer the Peppermill, followed by Atlantis, followed by the Nugget, but that is mainly based on overall amenities and rooms; of the three, the Nugget definitely has the most impressive indoor pool complex-I'm just not a huge fan of the rooms and location.

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite pool for Winter?

I am flexible on where I stay and am honestly likely to end up at both this season. I live east of Sacramento so it is only a couple hour drive to either location and my 4 year old is excited and I think he is old enough to enjoy some snow fun. May end up skiing (want to try some of the smaller, cheaper places) or snowshoeing or even just snowplay. I have a 10 year old who loves all of those and they are both pool crazy!

Thank you so much! It gives me a good place to start. Your post saved me tons of time of research and I need every minute I can during the holidays so a big THANK YOU!

Jenn

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite pool for Winter?

I'm going to toss in a vote for Peppermill and Atlantis (in that order). A 4 year old might really enjoy swimming "in the snow". Check out the Peppermill FB page for a delightful photo they posted this week of the pool in the snow!

4. Re: Favorite pool for Winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:17