We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gold prospecting

Northwood, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
gold prospecting

heard you can pan for gold around Bath- is there a specific place for this or is it just wherever you want to try? Any outfitters who have panning equipment?

6 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gold prospecting

Like if there was a specific place, I would tell you!!! Not aware but you could try google. It knows pretty much everything.

Northwood, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: gold prospecting

actually I found some great resources but since you gave such a snotty reply, find them yourself!!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gold prospecting

I guess you could pan in the rivers and streams throughout NH although you need permission if it's on private owned land.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gold prospecting

Jam

awww lighten up

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gold prospecting

Jam, I run over to Bath all the time to pan. Send me a note. There's plenty of gold for all. Do you have equipment? I can hook you up.

Lempster, NH
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: gold prospecting

Hi- actually I found a campground in Bath (http://www.twinrivernh.com/index.cfm) and my family and I are staying in a few weeks. You can rent the panning equipment from them, and their prices are very affordable, even staying there is not too expensive either (cheaper than most hotels). Our 12 year old is really into the rocks/minerals and panning...so this is why we chose this location, it is supposed be one of the best areas according to the books and research we have done.

Reply to: gold prospecting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bath
Recent Conversations