We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for a family gathering

Boca Raton FL
Level Contributor
247 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for a family gathering

A few years ago we had a family gathering at Common Man; it was perfect for what we needed. Warm and comfortable, good food, reasonably priced and they took a large group and handled us wonderfully.

This year, we hoped to do the same thing. Common Man is telling us they cannot take a reservation for 16 people unless we book and pay for a separate "party" room.

So: I need some updated advice for a reasonably priced restaurant, comfortable: not too fancy, not too "diner or pizza place-ish"...that takes reservations.

Family is coming from Loudon, Franklin, Deerfield, Somersworth, Stratham...so Concord seems to be a good compromise.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for a family gathering

One possibility might be Makris Steak and Lobster House. They are on Rte 106, just 500 feet north of where it crosses Rte 9 and I-393. This is a very relaxed place with very good food. I am sure they would be very accommodating of the group, of kids, or whatever. They have an extensive menu. I enjoy seafood and have always loved my meal there. They also serve meat for those who do not eat seafood. A soup bar with fresh soups, resh bread, and great cole slaw and other prepared salad items. I don't know if connesieurs would be as enthusiastic as me, but I think it will be great for your group.

Another place that would probably be very accommodating is The Barley House on Main Street in downtown Concord. Great food and a lively atmosphere.

You could also look at Cat and Fiddle on Manchester Street (I-93, Exit 13 South). Again, the food is good with a varied menu. They have a great salad bar with fresh soups, and a steaming loaf of bread served on the table. They do have function rooms, but they may not charge for their use for a group coming for dinner. But it is a large enough place to accommodate a group your size.

The thing about all these places is that they are family oriented and group friendly. Barley House is more hip than the others.

2. Re: Restaurant for a family gathering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Concord
More Concord Topics