We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to see and things to do in Francestown

Maine
1 post
Save Topic
Places to see and things to do in Francestown

My girlfriend and daughter (about 7) are planning to visit in June or July (probably July because it will be warmer) and will be staying at the Crotched Mountain Resort. I would like suggestions of places of interest to go to, things to do, as well as good places to eat in Francestown or the area's surrounding it...(within a reasonable travel time of the Resort). Although I live in Maine, I am not familair at all with this area and she has never been to NH. I would love to impress her with your lovely town and its' surrounding areas. Thanks in advance to any and all who reply. Have a great weekend.

Peterborough, NH
Level Contributor
557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to see and things to do in Francestown

Francestown is pretty small...Crotched Mountain Resort is pretty much it. From Francestown you are not too far (within a twenty minute drive) of Hillsborough and Peterborough. There are some nice trips to either area you can take, it all depends on what you have in mind.

I don't have a lot of time to write at the moment but in Hillsborough we suggest Nonni's Italian Restaurant and the German John's Bakery for pretzels. There is also a pretty good ice cream shop on the strip there. Sights to see include a stone bridge tour and the Franklin Pierce Homestead.

In Peterborough there are a half dozen nice restaurants, a world cultural museum called Mariposa, some excellent hiking (or you can drive up the access road) to Pack Monadnock/Miller Park and there is great live theater that time of year at the Peterborough Players (they also have some children's programs). Adam's Playhouse also does plays geared towards kids and is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.

I also highly suggest Kimball's Ice Cream in Jaffrey.

Will write at a later date when I have more time.

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to see and things to do in Francestown

Little River BB got you off to a good start...I would note that the Mariposa Museum is very kid friendly, with lots of hands on exhibits and activities. A little further down the road in Dublin you will find the Friendly Farm - great for kids of all ages who enjoy petting a goat, holding a chick or laughing at the silly piglets! Swimming in lakes and ponds and hiking throughout the region are musts at that time of year - don't hesitate to stop by the Jack Daniels Motor Inn for more information or the Greater Peterborough or Hillsborough Chamber of Commerces. Depending on the actual dates of the visit there are some great events in the region as well - Fireworks abound around the 4th, the Hillsborough Balloon Fest occurs in late July...and there are all sorts of music and theater events throughout the summer - have an enjoyable visit in this glorious area!

3. Re: Places to see and things to do in Francestown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Francestown
Recent Conversations