We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recs on nice place, things to do, close to SL, etc.

Which Glen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, MI
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Need recs on nice place, things to do, close to SL, etc.

Would love some recommendations on places to stay this summer near Storyland. Doesn't have to be the closest place since we will be seeing other sites as well. Would love a village atmosphere with shops, restaurants, etc. Similar to Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA near Sesame Place if you are familar with it.

Thanks so much!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need recs on nice place, things to do, close to SL, etc.

1st, what you are looking for really doesn't exist. Closest I could suggest is the Grand Lodge in N. Conway which is in the middle of the outlets. Rather, I would suggest the Best Western (I believe) Storyland which is next to the attraction if you are looking for a hotel. I like to stay in a condo. Right there you could stay at Seasons at Attitash which has an indoor pool only or at Linderhof which is right across from storyland. Linderhof has a 9 hole pitch and putt and an outdoor pool. Another option is Nordic Village which has pools, exercise room and is very close. My personal preference is Christmas Mountain which is about a mile from Storyland. If you stay towards the top of the road, you have magnificent, everchanging, unobstructed views of Mt Washington. It is not a resort in the traditional sense just really quiet. Depending on which unit is rented you may have access to the Linderhof pool across the street. I like to stay outside of North Conway to avoid its traffic. A pool is not a necessity as there are so many great water holes like Jackson Falls or Diana's Bath that my kids have never gone in a pool.

I will post some pictures so you can see what I mean but they are on another computer.

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Need recs on nice place, things to do, close to SL, etc.

You might want to consider renting a home also. Plenty of folks rent lake homes by the weekend or by the week ...that way you have a lake ameniy 9and probably canoe and kayaks) and swimming, a short drive to any of the attractions, and you have a full kitchen to handle cooing and eating...plus way more rom than a hotel/inn.

All in all it may be cheaper and more fun and flexible.

Lots of the rental websites have nice places...we rent our place on Silver Lake that way and we do it ourselves very very often when we travel elsewhere.

connecticut
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need recs on nice place, things to do, close to SL, etc.

Fox Ridge Resort in North Conway is 7 miles from storyland and is a wonderful resort. they have an indoor and an outdoor pool, kids programs, outdoor bbq's and a great staff. their rooms are clean and the property is gorgeous. they also offer a storyland package that includes tickets to storyland and breakfast.

4. Re: Need recs on nice place, things to do, close to SL, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 12:18