We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

Please help! My family loves the White Mountains and have visited many times, in all seasons, but usually in a standard hotel or motel situation, mainly before our two-year-old was born.

Now I'm looking for someplace that offers both luxury amenities (hubby would love a fire/I would love a soaking or spa tub) but that is kid-friendly and even better offers things to do on-site or nearby (sleigh ride etc.).

It's been a hard year (life!) and I want to surprise my hubby and son with a GREAT Christmas getaway to our favorite U.S. place.

I have been searching online all day and the best thing I think I've found was the Christmas Farm Inn. We've never stayed in Jackson but I do remember driving through and seeing other places that may be suitable.

In real life, money is (of course) always an object, but for this Christmas I'm not going to let it be the dealbreaker. So, if someone could recommend a place with the amenities and atmosphere I'm looking for, I would greatly appreciate it.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

The Wentworth (also has condo's) and the Inn at Thorn Hill would fill your needs. If you're more inclined towards B&B's, try the Carter Notch Inn.

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

Hi you might want to check out Luxury Mountain Getaways in Jackson, New Hampshire. We stayed in the Victorian Penthouse Room 208B this summer, check out their web site they have pictures of all their accommodations. We would definitely return and I think all of their accommodations have fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. There is also an area where you can go skating and they also have sleigh rides. Good Luck!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,528 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

The Thorn Hill Inn & Spa just made the number 2 spot in Conde Nast's list of the top 100 hotels in the USA. I would also look at the Eagle Mtn House. Remember that the town of Jackson has been there for about 200 years. You're not going to find a new luxury resort hotel there. The newest places have been designed and constructed for skiers and get abused in short periods of time. So I'd stick to the classic old inns. But expect rustic.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
829 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

I second (or third) the recommendation for the Inn at Thorn Hill - most of the rooms have Jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces, and it's a wonderful place - I think you'd enjoy it. Prices, it looks like, would run about $300 per room per night (might be a bit more on Christmas Eve night, or on a weekend night).

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

We have also stayed at the Inn At Thorn Hill before, but I don't think I would describe it as kid-friendly. It seems to me the Inn at Thorn Hill is more for couples. We stayed there for an Anniversary weekend.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

Any reason, no one has suggested Nestlenook Inn? I have not stayed there but have walked thru and seemed very nice and fits what MrsM is looking for

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

Thanks to everyone for all the GREAT suggestions. I wish I had gone here and posted before spending HOURS looking online. Can't wait to check out all those ideas.

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

I believe Nestlenook is part of the Luxury Mountain Getaways properties.

Boston...
Level Contributor
427 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

looks like you have stayed in the grand victorian penthouse, did you like>? i cannot wait to get there.

10. Re: Luxury family-friendly place for Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Jackson
Recent Conversations