We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resaurtant in Keene NH

Lake Grove, New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Resaurtant in Keene NH

A friend recently told me about a beautiful restaurant he visited some years ago in Kene Co NH. He could not recall the name but he said that it had a beautiful glass ceiling and the room was filled with plants. In the evening the glass ceiling took on the appearance of a planetarium.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, I would appreciate the name of the restaurant so that I might take a dear old friend there,.

Thank you

G'DA

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resaurtant in Keene NH

I can think of some restaurants in Keene with a lot of glass, but not a glass ceiling. One possibility is the Rynborn, but it is long out of business as is the restaurant that replaced it. It is next to the Colony Mill Mall. Another might be the Elm City Brewery, which is in the Colony Mill and across from where the Rynborn was. But somehow I don't think that was the place. There are some very nice restaurants on Main Street, but they are all on the street level of 3 to 5 story buildings. No Glass ceilings or sky views. Do you have any more info, like the kind of food they served, and whether it was in town or more out of town?

Peterborough, NH
Level Contributor
553 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resaurtant in Keene NH

NextStop, I posted this question on the Monadnock Facebook page for additional help. I was wondering if PappaGallos has a glass ceiling.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resaurtant in Keene NH

That was one of the places I was wondering about. Never been there. Don't know how "beautiful" it is or if it would be the kind of place with a huge skylight. Looks pretty plain form the outside, though I hear the food is pretty good.

New England
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resaurtant in Keene NH

Glass ceiling and plants makes me think he means Margaritas but is referring to when the restaurant was Henry David's -- many years ago!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resaurtant in Keene NH

Henry David's (now Margarita's) makes a lot of sense. That was a lovely restaurant with very good food. We were sad to see it go. I don't remember the glass ceiling. I'll need to check that out next time in town. Margarita's has pretty much retained the decor, with a Mexican theme.

If that turns out to be the place you are thinking of, GrandMa51, it may or may not be your choice restaurant for you and your friend. Margarita's is a Mexican restaurant. Food is pretty decent. But, for better, more authentic Mexican food, with a very broad menu of dishes, try Pedraza's up on the square. Excellent food and relaxed atmosphere.

THere are some other excellent restaurants in Keene. Luca's (on the Square), Nicola's, and Tony Clamato's, (both just a couple of store front's off the Square) and Michelle's (two blocks down Main Street) are all lovely restaurants with excellent food, a relaxed elegance conducive to slow dining and visiting.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resaurtant in Keene NH

Tony Clamato's may have improved since I was there last. When we went you had to get to the "restaurant" through the dirty, smoke filled bar, no one heeded the no smoking rule, the food was poor and the service only slightly better. The others mentioned are very good.

7. Re: Resaurtant in Keene NH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 07:16