We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I get fresh steamed lobsters in the lakes area?

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Where can I get fresh steamed lobsters in the lakes area?

Hi all, does anyone know of a simple shop or pound where I can just takeaway a few steamed lobsters?

Last year, I visited O'brian's General Store in Seabrook, which was basically a gas station with a convenience store, and was able to pick up some fresh lobsters, steamed for an additional $1 each on top of the market price. I am looking for something similar to that.

Please let me know if there are any places that exist like this in the Lakes Area.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I get fresh steamed lobsters in the lakes area?

Well, the Lakes Region covers a lot of territory, so I don't know what you will consider feasible. The best place around to buy seafood (non-restaurant, I mean) is Captain Bart's Seafood Market, 419 Governor Wentworth Highway in Moultonborough (603-476-8830). This guy operates the business out of a trailer in his front yard, and he has a remarkable variety of fresh fish and shellfish at pretty reasonable prices.

I have bought cooked lobster bodies there, so I imagine it would be possible to buy whole steamed lobsters, but I haven't noticed that they're listed on the board. I'd suggest calling to check on the availability of this option, as well as on the hours of operation. They're open Tuesday through Saturday this summer, with short hours on Friday.

This would be a pretty easy trip from anywhere on the north side of Winnipesaukee, and it's a beautiful area, very close to Castle in the Clouds.

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I get fresh steamed lobsters in the lakes area?

Thanks for your reply! I will definitely give them a call for more information.

To clarify, I will be in the areas around the towns of Meredith and Laconia.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I get fresh steamed lobsters in the lakes area?

This isn't the most glamorous answer, but alot of people that live here simply get them at the Market Basket in Tilton, and they will steam the for you as well, usually the cheapest price too.

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I get fresh steamed lobsters in the lakes area?

@carolyn_joe Thanks for your suggestion. I don't want glamour. I just want some lobster!

Does anyone have any experience with Lobster Connection in Tilton? It came up during one of my searches for lobster near Laconia.

Reply to: Where can I get fresh steamed lobsters in the lakes area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Laconia
More Laconia Topics