We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near New Hampshire Institute of Art

Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near New Hampshire Institute of Art

My daughter and I will be visiting several colleges in the NH area, NHIA in Manchester being one of them. I would like to find someplace to stay close to the college, so we could do some walking around so she can see what's around there. Any suggestions? We'll be coming in July.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near New Hampshire Institute of Art

With google maps you can plug in the address of the NHIA and then look for hotels (search businesses) near that location.

This looks nice:

http://www.ashstreetinn.com/

there's also a Radisson near there, in Manchester.

I had frankly never even heard of the NHIA. Manchester has gotten really nice in recent years. My son and I went to an Elvis Costello/Bob Dylan concert at the Verizon Wireless Arena last October (in Manchester) and were really impressed by how nice the downtown is now.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near New Hampshire Institute of Art

Downtown Manchester is definitely coming into its own. The NHIA is excellent. Try to get to the newly renovated, expanded and reopened Curriere Museum of art. They have an awesome collection. There is also a Frank Lloyd Wright house near the Currier. They are a bit of a walk from downtown, but doable.

Hotels in downtown are the Radisson on Elm Street, and the Hilton Garden Inn, a few blocks south of that and overlooking the New Hampshire Fisher Cats baseball stadium (minor league baseball - seats about 7000)

Keep in mind that Manchester is a city of about 100,000, the largest in NH, but small by most urban standards. The Radisson would be my recommendation, location-wise. But I would recommend having a car to explore more than just downtown. Living in NH, you learn to discover and travel to little nuggets all over the state, whether in the other cities, or in towns as small as 1000 or less.

3. Re: Hotel near New Hampshire Institute of Art

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 13:19