We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thursday Night Football

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Thursday Night Football

My husband and I will be coming into the area in October. Our alma mater is playing in the Thursday night footabll game on ESPN that night. Any recommendations on where we can grab a few drinks and watch the game?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thursday Night Football

Your best bet might be Jillian's sports bar since they have a lot of televisions, it may be easier to get them to flip the game on for you. Go Tigers!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thursday Night Football

I presume you mean Clemson. Are they playing UNH or Dartmouth? Or do you mean you will happen to be in the area and want to watch the game. Also, by posting to the Manchester Forum, will you be staying in Manchester?

Here's the deal, if the Red Sox are playing that night, you may be hard pressed to find a bar TV that isn't showing the game. And if Clemson isn't playing a NH school, then the Celtics and/or Bruins may take precedence. Clemson who?

That said, there are a couple of sports bars on Elm Street in Manchester with multiple screens. One is across from the Verizon Arena, the other across from the Radisson Hotel, both within about 4 blocks of each other. I think Cactus Jack, up on South Willow Street will be showing sports in their bar. I am sure there are other bars, too, but I cannot think of specific names or locations. Maybe ask the concierge. You might do well in the bar at your hotel. If they are not crowded, and even if they are, they would probably accommodate your request.

Peterborough, NH
Level Contributor
557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thursday Night Football

I assume it is the October 9 Wake vs Clemson game.

MLB : the tentative playoff schedule has no AL playoffs games (although there is a NL playoff game scheduled for the 9th).

NHL : Bruins open their season on the 9th but it is in Colorado and won't start until 10PM.

NBA : Only in the pre-season and no Celtics on he 9th

Basically this means you should be in luck.

NextStopIs might be referring to JW Hills at http://www.jwhills.com/ right on Main Street. Have never been in because the one time I wanted to go it was packed...although it looks like a nice place from the main entrance.

I like Cactus Jacks on South Willow Street, but just a few big screen TVs. Also on Willow Street are all the chains with bars and big screens tuned to sports like Unos, Chilis, 99, and Fridays.

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thursday Night Football

If your in Manchester, I would say go to Jillians, Billy's, JW Hills, or possibly Strangebrew.

Strangebrew is my favorite bar and has 70+ taps, but its so busy you won't always know if you'll be able to see one of the TV's or not. They probably have 7 or 8 flat screens in there. If the Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins aren't on, most places will put any game you want on for the most part.

The other places have lots of TV's I believe Billy's has over 50 including one in the floor when you walk in and some in the bathrooms.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thursday Night Football

Yes, we will be trying to find the Clemson vs. Wake game. Thanks to all of you for the information!

6. Re: Thursday Night Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 18:20
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor