We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking around verizon center

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cape cod ma
Level Contributor
367 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
walking around verizon center

Hi, going to a concert with teens, and was wondering how safe the area is for walking around - before for dinner, after to the hotel?

Thanks for any input!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking around verizon center

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Manchester due to a show at the Verizon Wireless Center, last year. We had reservations at Piccola's for dinner on Elm Street. This particular hotel had a shuttle van which worked out GREAT for the night. We left my car in the hotel parking lot for the night and the shuttle driver just dropped us off on Elm Street for dinner right across from the restaurant which was very convenient. Then after dinner, we just walked to the venue which was only a block away or so, I just remember it wasn't a bad walk at all. After the show, the driver picked us up directly across the street right on the corner. I thought this hotel was such a great find (on TA's recommendation after reading their reviews!), plus this hotel was fairly new, it was actually beautiful and the rooms were impeccable, plus the Fisher Cats baseball stadium overlooks each room in the back of the hotel, it of course would have been great if there were a game that night. I'm very used to downtown Boston having been born & raised there & this wasn't bad at all being right in downtown Manchester. I doubt you'd have any type of issue in that area at night, it was patrolled after this show like you wouldn't believe! I remember seeing all the police cars cruising along Elm Street & what's funny to my friends and I about it is, it was only a "Stars on Ice" show not a hard rock or rap concert or anything like that! So that tells you downtown Manchester is well taken care of in the safety department, you guys will be fine!

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking around verizon center

It's a nice area. I wouldn't worry about it. Where are you staying? Make sure you go to the Red Arrow diner for either breakfast or dinner. It was an excellent little place with homemade food.

cape cod ma
Level Contributor
367 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking around verizon center

Hi all - thanks for the replies! I am staying at the Hilton garden inn. NoMo- sounds like the shuttle worked out , I was wondering if they'd pick up after a concert. How was piccola's? Thats where I had thought about for dinner...need reservations? And I'll check out red arrow for breakfast. Thanks again!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking around verizon center

Yes the shuttle driver picked us up right after the show at the Verizon center. You just need to arrange it with him, he will give you his card with the # on it, or better yet, get his card from the front desk people, they'll assist you as well. You just call him after the show then walk across the street at that corner where the pub is located that's where he meets you, so he can swing down that street to get back to the hotel. You'll see it in front of the Verizon Wireless Center, the pub directly across the street on the corner. He meets you within 10-15 minutes right there. There were also others staying at the hotel that met him there as well.

Piccola's is my favorite Italian restaurant in NH, hands down. The owners are from East Boston and Italy originally. You are going to enjoy it there a lot. If you decide to dine there, make reservations, it's great & so aren't there desserts! You'll see them in their glass case as you walk in, yum!

http://www.piccolaitalianh.com/

You're also going to really like staying at that particular Hilton Garden Inn, it's really a nice hotel. The people there can't do enough for you, you'll love this one, wait till you see the Fisher Cats baseball stadium you won't believe the views from the rooms out in back, hopefully you end up getting a room overlooking this field, it's beautiful, even if there's no game it's pretty nice! The hotel has a patio, so on game nights people reserve seats there at their lounge that overlooks the field too, so you just take your pick here for viewing a game.

It's great being able to leave the car in the parking lot and just take that shuttle van, the guy was terrific arranging it!

Edited: 04 August 2010, 14:49
5. Re: walking around verizon center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:18