We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manchester car storage / airport / taxi

san diego
Level Contributor
3 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
manchester car storage / airport / taxi

I am looking to store my car as close to the airport as possible then take a taxi, if necessary. I spend 3-4 months out of the year in northern NH. I found Public Storage that looks like it's 3 miles to the airport. On a nice day I will walk, if it's safe to do so (I travel with only a backpack so luggage isn't an issue). I will look at other storage places too but I'm wondering about taxi rates and availability. I read that taxis in Manchester charge by "zones". Is that correct and how far out does the least expensive zone go? Any advice appreciated.

NH
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manchester car storage / airport / taxi

Chances are you would not find a closer storage facility than Public Storage. I can't tell you anything about them as a business but I am familiar with their location. It would be "walkable" to MHT. ...But I have mixed feeling as to whether or not I would choose to walk. Probably pretty safe????...but Perimeter Rd is very much a commercial/industrial "neighborhood." It's sort of odd because it has a rural feel to it and yet it's definitely industrial with a couple of hotels along the route (Hilton Springhill for one). My guess is that by the time you connect to the airport road from Perimeter Rd and have to follow the traffic (on foot) into the airport a better choice would be a cab. I cannot address the cab fare but all in all you are likely looking at closer to 4 miles than 3.

san diego
Level Contributor
3 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manchester car storage / airport / taxi

Thanks for the information. I did a couple spot checks using Google street view and it does look rural with traffic - and the sidewalk stops - no sidewalk on parts of the route as far as I could see.

NH
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manchester car storage / airport / taxi

That's pretty much the case. Walking the street that takes you into the airport is not the best walking street as well.

4. Re: manchester car storage / airport / taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 00:15